Thursday, May 18, 2023

Perhaps a Good Thing, Since the Gatorade Ran Out

With the weather heating up, I asked The Pony if he was staying hydrated by drinking that free Gatorade that was stashed in the post office break room refrigerator.

"Oh, that Gatorade is long gone!"

Huh. Maybe they'll get another donation, or however it was acquired in the first place.

Saturday, The Pony sent me a text at 4:33.

"There has been a casualty at work today! My shorts!"


"Yikes! That's a lot of cooling!"

"Yeah!"

"Was that taken in the bathroom at Casey's? The tile looks familiar."

"No. In the work bathroom."

"Were you already clocked out?"

"No. I had less than a half hour left. I was done with my route, but doing some work inside before I could leave. I knew I had a little hole in my shorts. I squatted down to pick up a box, and I heard an unmistakable RIP!"

"Did anybody else hear it?"

"I don't know. But I know I'm going to need a new pair of shorts! I only have one left."

At least it didn't happen in the middle of the day, out on the route. The Pony was only four blocks from home, and at the end of the work day.

4 comments:

  1. Did you tell him to just staple them back together? Or, do they not use staples at the post office anymore. I am old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Staple! That's The Pony's pants, not a dog's skin on The Incredible Dr. Pol! It's in kind of a sensitive area, so I doubt The Pony would want to take a chance on getting snagged by a staple.

      I would assume the post office still uses staplers, but considering the shape of the LLVs (Long Life Vehicles), they might not be in prime condition.

      Delete
  2. It looks like a seam has come apart and that can be sewn back together, but maybe add a gusset in the same fabric and colour for less wear and tear when squatting. If you don't sew yourself, find someone who can and save the cost of buying new, or buy new anyway and still repair the old so he has enough pairs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does look like a seam. The Pony texts frequently with Niecy, who said her dad the Ex-Mayor does repairs like this. Who knew? Unfortunately, he's about to go on vacation.

      The Pony thinks he gets a new uniform allowance since he made regular, so he's looking into that before spending his own money on more shorts. I agree that he needs more than two pair. There is no rule against wearing his non-uniform shorts, though.

      Delete