Saturday, May 27, 2023

A Case of Weekja Vu in Future Pennyillionaireville

Second week, same as the first. Okay. Technically, it's 21st week, same as the 20th. Same number of coins this week as last.

TUESDAY, May 23, I was leaving Orb K when I saw a penny not wanting to bid me adieu.


Not sure what's in the boxes on that pallet, but they've been sitting there for two weeks. I set my just-bought scratchers on them to use both hands for my penny-pictures.


It was a face-down 2012 penny, just waiting to be hoisted into my shirt pocket.
________________________________________________________________

WEDNESDAY, May 24, the Backroads Casey's was the place to be.


The chatty customer who had already completed his transaction bought me time to snap a picture.


It was a face-down 2006 penny, which I snatched up before noticing...


He had a companion on my right, which had been blocked from my sight by the rumpus of the chatty customer. Of course I grabbed it, too. A heads-up 2016, looking like he'd had a rough life. No idea what the colorful debris is next to it on the floor.
________________________________________________________________

THURSDAY, May 25, my errand day proved profitable in the penny business, if not in scratchers. At the School-Turn Casey's, a penny awaited at the cash-only register.


Of course I stepped up. I'm a cash-and-penny kind of Val.


This was a face-down 2020 penny, free for the taking.
________________________________________________________________

That's 4 COINS this week, for 4 CENTS towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune!
______________________________________________________

2023 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny           # 51, 52, 53, 54.
Dime             still at 9
Nickel           still at 1
Quarter        still at 1

2022 FINAL TOTALS

Penny           124
Dime              21
Nickel              7
Quarter             9

2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter         6
_______________________________________________________

4 comments:

  1. "I am zee Count and I am counting zee pennies. Four! Four pennies" (Sesame Street)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't watch much Sesame Street, but The Count was my favorite! A surprise to nobody, I'm sure...

      Delete
  2. Am I the only one who likes to see how people arrange their footing as they stand waiting in line while you photograph your next coin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am more interested in their footwear and visible tattoos! You can see how this guy was relaxed, jawing away while I waited.

      Delete