Tuesday, May 30, 2023

A License to Shed

Hick has been spending time working on his latest shed. I'm not sure it has a theme yet. It has been sitting on Shackytown Boulevard for months. Maybe even a year. I think one wall needed to be completed, and the roof. Hick suddenly became consumed with finishing it, because he had things he needed to store inside. So he brought Old Buddy out here to help. For pay, of course.

Anyhoo... Monday morning, Hick sent me a picture: "My morning project."


I'm guessing this shed is finished now. It might be the one Hick planned on being a schoolhouse. I remember complaining about using that nice window that could have been better suited to Pony House. Though I don't know if any of the existing windows in Pony House had dimensions that would have been compatible with this replacement. Or maybe it could work in the Double Hovel flip house. I just think putting this window in a SHED is wasteful, no matter what the theme of the shed. Even if it was a special Nice Window Shed...

I'm not a fan of those license plates. I guess that was Hick's morning project. No idea where the street sign came from. Nowhere around here. Probably from an auction.

Now I'm on edge, waiting for the groundbreaking of the next new shed.

6 comments:

  1. It does look a little School Housey, but the window should have been an older style wooden framed one. The one he has there is too modern. I'm going to try finding photos I took of a shed my ex built so he had somewhere to sit and smoke when it was raining because he never smoked inside the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hick uses materials he has sitting around, so he doesn't have to spend money on his themed sheds. I'm not sure who gave him that window, but you can bet that it was FREE! One shed Hick will never build is a smoke shed. Unless it's for a mini cigar once every ten years. I hope you find that photo.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hick likes to build. It keeps him off the street, and on Shackytown Boulevard.

      Delete
  3. You and HeWho share the same concerns about your mates. I can't begin to descibe the look of horror on his face when i came in late this afternoon from gardening and told him about the new garden I will be breaking ground on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just want to sit in our recliner and not be bothered!

      Delete