Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Perhaps Val is Trying to be the Wrong -illionaire

I had to change my route to town this week. Due to excessive POOP here in Outer Backroads. Pretty sure I've mentioned before that a landowner on the way to town has contracted with the state prison system to take their poop. According to Hick, the poop has been treated, but it needs a final resting place. This guy has it delivered in large tank trucks, which spray it over his land. You can't see that area from the road. Nor smell anything. But you CAN see the poop trucks. A steady stream of poop trucks...

My trips to town come late in the day now. Usually between 3:30 and 5:00. All last week, I encountered poop trucks. There's really not much room to pass on our county blacktop road. I even try to avoid the school bus time, since I have to slow down and get my tires almost off the edge of the road, which has no shoulder. The poop trucks are even wider than a school bus. At least they seem to be. Hick would probably say that all vehicles are a standard width, able to fit on the roads.

Anyhoo... I only have about two miles or less of this county road to travel. Yet I've been encountering two or more poop trucks! One evening the giant long tanker poop truck had to pull over with several tires off to let the regular size tanker poop truck pass. I swear they talk to each other on the radio.

Saturday, I met two poop trucks on my way out, and two more on my way back home. All different styles and colors. So it wasn't the same two coming and going. I was fed up with poop trucks! I told Hick I'm taking an alternate route from now on. It will cost me two extra minutes each way. But I will not be squeezing past any poop trucks. 

Hick says they won't be doing this forever, but that right now, they operate all day long. Not just in the evenings. Maybe there's a poop truck season. That landowner guy is probably becoming a poopillionaire.

5 comments:

  1. Well, I guess whenever I'm frustrated with my daily commute to and from work I can be grateful that there are no poop trucks to contend with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there's that. I never knew poop trucks existed until they started driving out here.

      Delete
  2. It's probably because the sunny days are ideal for drying out that poop, ready for the earthworms to do their thing and carry it down to become fertiliser for the next crops or whatever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I'm wondering if the prisons save their poop until poop season! All this transport DID seem to start around the beginning of May. I can understand not hauling it around during winter, because nobody wants poop to freeze in their tanker truck.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like those prisoners are all taking laxatives!! Nobody wants to ponder where poop goes .....

    ReplyDelete