Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Even Steven Gives Val a Belated Birthday Gift

I didn't invite him to my pity party, but Even Steven still came through with a late birthday present. It was on Sunday night, while Hick was partying his rumpus off eating FREE FOOD over at the neighbors' Super Bowl party. I had just sat down to scratch, and my first ticket was a loser. The second one, however...


Was a winner. A $500 WINNER!!! Quite a thrill, thinking it was a loser, and then uncovering that symbol on the last space.


Of course I showed Hick as soon as he came home from the Super Bowl party, empty-handed though he had been encouraged to bring some food. And I told him it was all because he and his BAD LUCK were out of the house when I scratched.

I got this ticket at the Liquor Store. First stop when I got to town. I had actually planned on going there, and getting this very $10 ticket for myself, plus a different $10 one for The Pony for his upcoming birthday. They were out of the ticket I wanted for him, so I had to get his at the Gas Station Chicken Store. We'll see if he wins anything... I actually feel guilty for soaking up all the luck with my own ticket, but this is an older game that I would never buy for The Pony.

Some people are just born lucky, I guess. Sure, I buy a lot of tickets. But I bet (heh, heh, I said BET when discussing gambling) there are other people who also buy a lot of tickets, and still don't have these wins.

4 comments:

  1. You are the Queen of Scatchers! Claim it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I am the Queen! I have claimed my money, and spent a portion!

      Delete
  2. I used to buy a lot of tickets and never won, then I bought less often, now I don't buy at all. Even Steven needs to spread the luck more evenly around the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hick rarely buys, because he never wins. I am willing to give up some of my luck so others can win. NOT ALL OF IT!

      Delete