Tuesday, November 23, 2021

They Know How To INSTALL Those Tire Stopper Bumper Thingies, But...

 ... they don't know how to make them actually STOP TIRES!
 
Back at Country Mart, I parked on the very end without being blocked in by a biker's rumpus. I noticed that the broken yellow tire stopper bumper thingy was gone, and a new one in its place. However...
 
 
These yellow tire stopper bumper thingies do not seem to be effective. People (more specifically, the TIRES of cars the people drive) have pushed them all willy-nilly. I'm pretty sure most of the properly-installed yellow tire stopper bumper thingies have two bolts anchoring them to the pavement. 

Also... it looks like the new quota of 6 handicap spaces along the front, with 4 huge striped walkways dividing them, are NOT enough handicap spaces. This Lincoln Town Car on the end has a handicap symbol on the license plate. I guess all those 6 handicap spaces were full, so it had to park down here at the end.

I had to be careful taking this picture. Careful not to show the sidewalk running down in front of the store, and the actual signs for the handicap spaces. Because three employees had taken a break to smoke. They were on a bench when I put my groceries in T-Hoe, but meandering back toward the door, still talking and puffing, when I started pointing my phone. 
 
I didn't want to risk that angry mob rushing me, in case they thought I was documenting their slackerism.
 

6 comments:

  1. Perhaps the new tire bumpers are not yet bolted down. The Lincoln town car may not have had a handicapped person in it, so doesn't need the handicapped space this time. Like in Australia, if the handicapped person is not in the car, or not driving, then the car is not allowed to use up a handicap space. Which doesn't stop them of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they're not bolted down, but not sure of the "yet" part. I don't think they've ever been bolted down here.

      Yes, maybe the handicapped stayed home. I think they should be allowed to park there, even if the handicapped person is the passenger, because they might be the one doing the shopping while the driver waits in the car. I've seen several of them ride the shopping cart out, and get in the passenger seat while the driver unloads the groceries.

      Delete
  2. They should be spiked to the ground, but I would think most cars would stop as soon as they felt the resistance of the stopper thingies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaah, now I understand the handicapped signs. It's to identify the chain smokers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, heh! Now THAT would have been a good picture! If I felt like risking my life. I'm pretty sure even the chain smokers could outrun me and take my evidence away.

      Delete