Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Val Has Been VALidated!

Uh huh. My suspicions have been confirmed! The dead-mouse-smelling post office WAS trying to scam me! Trying to foist their fundraiser stamps on me at an additional cost of $3 per book! Seriously. Even a WALMART will offer to call around to find you an item in one of their other stores, if they are out and you ask about it. Are not ALL post offices a part of the US Postal Service? One big chain? 

But no. That gal at the dead-mouse-smelling post office just said they didn't have any other kind of stamp. Basically implying that I was just SOL until a new shipment came in, with no time frame as to when that might happen.

Anyhoo... Monday I took Genius's package to the main post office over in Sis-Town. After the packaging transaction, I said I would also like to buy some stamps.

"Do you have the flag stamps?"

"Yes we do."

"Okay. I'd like a book of those. And do you have any other kind?"

"Uh huh. We have Christmas stamps. These wreaths, and Santas, and we have these assorted fruits and vegetables."

She laid all three of them on the counter. I chose the wreaths. No extra charges. My stamps were the usual $11 per book of 20 stamps.
 
 
Something in me wants to drive over to the dead-mouse-smelling post office, hobble inside, and wave them around while doing a Told You So dance like Grace Adler (of Will&).

8 comments:

  1. I would have done just that!! I hate it when someone tries to sell me something I don't want under the guise of fund raising!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're not catching THIS old fly with vinegar! Just offer me all the kinds of stamps, and explain that one is for fundraising, how much more, and I'd probably buy a normal book and the fundraiser stamps. But don't feed me a line I can't believe, and push them on me. Especially after another worker tricked me in that very post office!

      Delete
  2. I would call the 800 number and innocently ask why they were all out of stamps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't do it now, because I dropped two bills into their outside mailbox today. I don't want them trying to retaliate if they get in trouble, by taking it out on any FLAG-STAMPED mail!

      Delete
  3. So now the Dead Mouse Smelling Post Office smells Fishy too?
    Shame on them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you could reserve the normal stamps for when they come in, they can take a reservation can't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, heh! I'm sure they could TAKE a reservation, but I'm not sure they can KEEP a reservation. And I don't want to beat the Not-Heaven out of those stamps right there in the dead-mouse-smelling post office.

      Delete