Saturday, October 3, 2020

A Workmanlike Week in the COPPER Mines for Val

Slow and steady keeps Val in the [Future Pennyillionaire] race. You can't be a Usain Bolt every week. Sometimes, you gotta be a Frank Shorter.

SUNDAY, September 27, I had The Pony with me when we stopped by the Gas Station Chicken Store for my magical elixir. He chose to wait in T-Hoe. I told him if somebody needed FREE AIR, he could move the car.

 
I don't normally park here by the FREE AIR (if you buy gas there), but a truck pulling a camper had taken up that whole side of the parking lot. I couldn't even fill in my own space, what with leaving him room to pull forward and out into the alley. Of course he was gone when I came out. But I DID spy this penny, since I wasn't dwelling on giving him the stink-eye as he sat behind the wheel waiting on his passengers.

 
It was a face-down 2005 penny, there in the blue paint of the handicap parking space.
______________________________________________________________________ 

MONDAY, September 28, I had to park out of my comfort zone at Country Mart. How dare other people go to the store at the time I arrive, and take my 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th choice parking spaces! I suppose I was meant to park where I did. Because it put me on the angle to find a penny as I walked to the door!

It's there! I promise. Dead center, below that yellow piece of trash by the corner of the stripes. In the middle of an imaginary line that would connect a big dark spot on the right, with a tiny dark spot on the left. I had to enlarge the photo to see it myself. The sun was blinding on the screen of my cell phone. I wasn't sure I even captured this beauty in the wild.

 
This was a heads-up 1983, waiting patiently for my arrival and Abe-napping.
____________________________________________________________________

TUESDAY, September 29, I had to get gas for T-Hoe, since I starved him for a week. At the Sis-Town Casey's, waiting to pre-pay, I found a penny. I know. How odd for that to happen to me!


Of course this little treasure had to plop himself in front of those tasty snacks. I barely resisted. He's kind of camouflaged there in the glare, and in that white spot on the tile.


It was a face-down 2018, obviously psychic, since I'm never there on a Tuesday!
_____________________________________________________________________

WEDNESDAY, September 30, I rang out the old month with another gift from the Gas Station Chicken Store. It's not known for being penny-profitable, even though it's the one stop I make every day. My favorite parking space was open, the one at the corner of the building where the Man Owner drives through to unload his wares.


Strolling towards the door, my penny-seeking peepers peeped a penny up against the wall.


It was a face-down 2013 penny, partially buried in filth. Ya gotta try harder than that, Universe, to slip one past Val.
______________________________________________________________________

THURSDAY, October 1, I was wondering if I could keep my penny-a-day streak intact. I was off to the post office to mail Genius's weekly letter. But first I stopped by the cemetery for my weekly drive-thru visit. Then on to the School-Turn Casey's for two scratchers (won $5, half my money back).

While telling the gal (former student!) my scratchers, I glanced down to see 


TWO pennies waiting for me to pick them up! So my weekly streak was still intact, yet not. The penny a day had been broken, but by an even better find.

 
It was a face-down 2018 trying to be first in the pocket.
 

And a heads-up 2013 waiting its turn.
_________________________________________________________________
 
I didn't find any pennies Friday, but then again, maybe that one came early as part of the double on Thursday.
 
That makes 6 PENNIES this week, for 6 CENTS. Not as monetarily profitable as the past couple of silver-laden weeks. Probably a trick by The Universe to make Val bend over more. 
__________________________________________________________________
 
2020 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny       # 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118.
Dime         still at 21.
Nickel       still at 10.
Quarter    still at 1.

2019 TOTALS
Penny     134
Dime        20
Nickel        8
Quarter      5
__________________________________________________________________

8 comments:

  1. You find a lot of pennies by the candy aisle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I didn't know you better (blogologically speaking), I might think you were INSINUATING that Val has a sweet tooth!

      Two of the Casey's convenience stores that I frequent have candy hanging on their checkout counter. The other one has gum and mints. So it's just a happy accident that I encounter the counter candy.

      Delete
  2. Your journey through the penny jungle garnered so much!

    Some day, please display your pennies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a productive week! It's been a while since I displayed my pennies in their goblet on the back porch rail overlooking Poolio. I will stage a photo shoot when the weather isn't cloudy.

      Delete
  3. a penny a day...oh wait that's an apple a day keeping the doctor away.
    like Susan above me here, I would also like to see your goblet full of pennies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure what a penny a day would keep away! I will try to display my pennies. Maybe next Saturday. I will be a nervous wreck, afraid I might trip and send them tumbling through the cracks of the porch boards, as I pose them on the rail.

      Delete
  4. For goodness sake, isn't there a safer place to pose your penny goblet? Nobody would wish nervous- wreckedness on you over a penny photo!😊 In the meantime, may you find a penny a day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can put them on the corner shelf of the rail. Though in the past, I did the rail itself, even when we still had three cats. With only one aging kitty left, I don't think he'll jump up there and rub against my penny goblets. They'll be safe, once I get them out there. The Pony might assist.

      I haven't found one yet this week! I might be entering a penny drought.

      Delete