Wednesday, October 28, 2020

The Ponytail Guy's Meat Report

Wow! I can hardly keep up with the Ponytail Guy's meat! This weekend, Hick brought home some new items. He didn't get pictures of it all. Including the two gallons of milk that he took to HOS (Hick's Oldest Son) over at the $5000 house, along with some of our bacon. We're not milk-drinkers, and we don't eat that much bacon. 
 
Hick says this time, he got meatballs! No picture yet, since only Hick has seen the Ponytail Guy's meatballs. But he did show me the Ponytail Guy's nuggets!
 

They still have a bit of frost on them, since Hick brought them directly from the freezer of The Original Frig over in the BARn. We will try them later in the week. I have an idea for Chicken Nugget Parm, heh, heh. We DO have regular chicken patties that we could use for that, but we've been having them on buns as sandwiches. 
 
Hick also scored some YOGURT! That's not meat! What was the Ponytail Guy thinking?
 

I'M thinking this is some tasty yogurt! Brand name, too. Better than the Save A Lot version. It's all strawberry, which is one of my favorites anyway.
 

It's single-serving size, and doesn't expire until December 13. Hick and I eat it, but The Pony is not a fan of yogurt. He says it's a texture thing. I'm still waiting for him to grow up. Or maybe grow HUNGRY.
 
I'll update you when I get a picture of the meatballs. I know you'll be looking forward to it. What else do you have to do?

8 comments:

  1. This mysterious provider of foods...is he ripping off delivery trucks? He has his hand in some pot or other. But at least if Hick is getting a deal and it's edible. Chow down and eat up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Ponytail Guy gets it from his wife, who has a lot of boxes to distribute, or it goes to waste. She works at a county agency. No requirements to receive it other than to show up. At least according to the ads I've seen in OUR county. I think Ponytail Guy comes from the next county north.

      It's not gourmet fare, but we don't waste it!

      Delete
  2. We have gotten the 32 oz containers of Yoplait Strawberry yogurt in the food boxes given away in B'ham, AL. How much are you paying for this meat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't pay anything for it. The Ponytail Guy brings it to whoever wants it. He asks around at the Storage Units. His wife works with a county agency that distributes the food boxes. He says they have trouble giving it all away.

      We've had it around here. We never go to pick it up when advertised, but Back-Creek Neighbor Bev had a box foisted on her when she made a donation, and she gave it to us. That one was all produce, earlier in the summer. Hick doesn't ask for anything, just takes what the Ponytail Guy brings him.

      It appears to be part of the USDA Farmers to Families program, to buy up stuff the restaurants couldn't use due to closings. And so the farmers don't have to destroy their harvest.

      https://www.ams.usda.gov/selling-food-to-usda/farmers-to-families-food-box

      Delete
  3. If I read this in the 8th grade, the snickering and tee hee-ing would have put my 13 year old self in detention.

    I love me some yogurt. Plain with raisins mixed in makes a nice low cal lunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you were in 8th grade, your 13-year-old self would have to keep its mind off a Ponytail Guy's meat!

      RAISINS? What in the Not-Heaven? I like to put fresh blueberries in mine, but I haven't bought blueberries in a long time.

      Delete
  4. Free yoghurt? Lucky you. Yoplait is popular out here, I buy the 1kg container of Vanilla and stir in my own chopped bananas or strawberries, sometimes peaches.
    The nuggets look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm...strawberries and bananas. That would be good.

      The nuggets are delicious! I sampled them due to a Hick error which may be forthcoming. The nuggets are white meat chicken! Not that gray stuff. I'll try to get a picture of the insides when we have them again.

      Delete