Monday, September 3, 2018

There's Nothing Happening Here

For what it's worth...

Nothing is going on in Backroads. Nothing outrageous, nothing enraging. Nada. The only item out of the ordinary is one of those portable signs that scrolls a message. It's by the Hardee's turn-off, advising motorists to be extra alert for lane changes coming on Tuesday, September 4th.

I checked the local paper, and it seems that MODoT stripers will be making the right lane a RIGHT TURN ONLY lane (it's about time!), and changing a merge lane on the other side of the lights into the regular lane, with the current regular lane becoming a left turn lane by the Casey's. Got it.

So...all I have left for you is an old picture I don't think I shared, about Hick's Freight Container Garage.


The reason I didn't share it, possibly, is that it was taken by Hick out of focus. He wanted to show me that he's painting it barn red. Or, looks like to me, train car rust. I suppose freight containers ARE that color, what with hauling freight on trains as well as trucks.

Still, I was expecting Hick's Shackytown structure made to look like a railroad car to be painted this color. Obviously, he has it. Maybe he didn't get around to the final coat, or maybe he's squandering all that paint on this unnecessary depository of hoarder crap.

I'm pretty sure he has most of the Freight Container Garage painted now, except for the highest parts. This is the front side, towards our gravel road. Not that you can see it from the road, what with all the trees.

8 comments:

  1. So is he changing his name from Hick to Tex?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He hasn't filed papers at the courthouse yet!

      Delete
  2. Sometimes out of focus photos are more interesting. I like this one.
    I'm also curious about the TEX, why paint that on there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was already on there, and he preserved it. Or else he's going for a TEXACO, like the gas station. Hick started his working life in a gas station at age 14. If I think of it, I'll ask him.

      Delete
  3. "Unnecessary depository of hoarder crap" - I really love that line!
    Around My Kitchen Table

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The truth, while sometimes painful, can also wax poetic...

      Delete
  4. Instead of cleaning out the beloved barn, HeWho has been talking about another shed or two. I vetoed that. We are trying to sell this, not anchor us here forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A shed is like Vegas. What goes in the shed stays in the shed. Once there, you'll never get rid of it.

      Delete