Saturday, September 29, 2018

The Encroacher and Val Were Both Shod in CENTSible Footwear

The penny-pickin' was slim this week, until I found TWO on TUESDAY, September 25th. My good (Future Pennyillionaire) fortune started with Walmart's contribution to my Future Pennyillionaire collection.

Let the record show that I had first stopped by the cemetery for a Mom visit, on my way to Terrible Cuts, Walmart, and Waterside Mart. I only stayed two minutes, though, because as usual, an intruder picked up the pull of my weirdo magnet. Seriously. There are multiple paved roads through that cemetery, with labeled sections, a fountain in the back, and a mausoleum at the lower end. I had just parked. Less than 30 seconds elapsed before a white SUV cruised down the very path I was on! How does that happen? Mom must be located in the Party Central area, even though a sign proclaims it to be the Garden of Love.

Anyhoo...that car lingered behind me, then inched closer and closer. Creepy in more ways than one. It went by slowly, turned left, and made its exit. They weren't even visiting anybody! Just showed up to spoil my party at Party Central. Of course I mentioned to Mom that AS USUAL, we had a party crasher, so I wasn't staying.

Funny how I found two pennies after that brief visit. That's a penny per minute! I was all excited, thinking that would equate to $60 per hour! Um. No. That would be 60 CENTS per hour. Not a good salary at all. I'm sure Mom would have no comment on such tomfoolery, even though her former 4th grade students probably know how to calculate penny-cash better than that. However...my best ol' ex-teaching buddy Mabel must have been spinning in her expansive-walled, golden-mirror-lined house! She's a retired calculus teacher, you know.


Walmart's parking lot was not as full as usual, so I parked T-Hoe closer down the aisle, across from a different cart return corral. I normally park right beside a farther-away rack. As you can see, it was PENNYficial to me to do so!


No matter how I angled my phone, the face-down 2016 Abe was flashy.

From there it was off to Waterside Mart, where I spied this beauty on my way to the bathroom. They have amazingly clean bathrooms at Waterside Mart.


A lady traversing the tile from the soda fountain to the deli counter stopped in her tracks. I guess she thought I was photographing a crime scene, even though I told her I find a lot of pennies, and take pictures of them. Yes, that IS perfectly acceptable women's footwear in the Backroads region.


This 2017 was face-up, although Abe was head down.
______________________________________________________________________

On FRIDAY, September 28th, I found another face-up treasure, at Casey's, by my bank.


You deserve an award for eagle eyes if you can spot this 1990 penny! It's in the closest gray square, about the midline horizontally, and in line with the white sign advertising $2.99 beer. If you zoom in close enough, I guarantee it's there!


I almost missed it, but as I stepped up on T-Hoe's running board after paying for gas, it caught my eye. Which meant climbing down for a picture before snatching it up.

Val has vowed to let no loose penny go unclaimed!
_________________________________________________________________________

For 2018: Penny  # 98, 99, 100.
For 2018: Dimes still at  # 14.
For 2018: Nickels still at # 4.

Since 2017 (the beginning), this was Penny # 176, 177, 178.
Since 2017 (the beginning), this is still Dime # 20.
Since 2017 (the beginning), this is still Nickel # 4.
__________________________________________________________________________

7 comments:

  1. If my mathematics holds up correctly, that's $2.60 for the year. That's a little light for a retirement, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd need an extra dollar or two!!

      Delete
    2. It's $2.60 more than I'd have if I didn't pick up coins! That's about 1 and 2/3 of a 44 oz Diet Coke.

      Delete
  2. I thought I spotted that last penny, but was focused on that black smudge. I like those shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were close. I can't even see that penny myself without zooming in, and I know where it is. The shoes are a little bit too bright for me. I'm more of a black and gray kind of gal.

      Delete
  3. Party Central...I will never pass a cemetery without looking for the party going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If this keeps up, they're going to need traffic signals in there!

      Delete