Thursday, September 6, 2018

The Universe Synchronizes Its Meddling in Val's Life

Sure is funny how coincidences work. Funny peculiar, not funny ha-ha. Don't be expecting any laughs, because I don't have the right raw material to work with today.

Yes, the very day after I'd smugly congratulated myself on not having to deal with an issue like blog buddy Joe's insurance woes, I received notice of my own in the mailbox. Such a coincidence.

AND, two days after digging up a month-old picture of Hick's progress painting his Freight Container Garage...I got a text from Hick with a picture of current progress painting his Freight Container Garage. Let the record show that I did not mention that picture or garage in the interim.

Sometimes, The Universe makes sure you are on the right wavelength, I guess.


Hick prefers not to paint the higher-up sections. So he hired HOS (Hick's Oldest Son) to stand in the bucket of the tractor and be lifted up to cover those lofty areas. Looks like Hick is keeping with a gas station theme. This is the back side of the Freight Container Garage, I think. Where the big doors are for driving stuff inside. The smaller people-door is on the front.

I don't know much about painting, and I don't know about your opinion, but that particle-board wall looks mighty thirsty to me! I would think a primer was needed, or it's going to take more than one coat of paint.

12 comments:

  1. If it needs more than one coat of paint, it'll look like an OLD gas station!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do male primer in red, and I expect it needs a second coat even with primer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was going to be another earth-shattering revelation for me, but then I remembered that I've seen such a color of primer on automobiles in the process of being repaired.

      Delete
  3. That particle board can truly soak up paint. Maybe he should have covered it with corrugated steel first. :^D)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's possible that first coat is primer, not all primer is white. A dark primer works better if the final colour is going to be a dark shade not a pastel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd accept it as primer, except that Hick has been harping for weeks about needing HOS to come down to PAINT his Freight Container Garage. Not for him to primer it and return for final painting.

      Delete
  5. I use that color of red a lot! I don't always prime..... I am usually just trying to use up leftover paint that HeWho has left for dead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We never seem to have any leftover paint around here. Always a trip to Lowe's. We DO have leftover boards and scrap lumber.

      Delete
  6. Why is he using sheathing as siding?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He went over his budget with the concrete and trusses and metal roof. I think he must have had a bunch of that board on hand. It's only for the two ends. The main walls of his Freight Container Garage are made up of the two freight containers themselves.

      Delete