Saturday, July 14, 2018

The Good Deed Went Unpunished, the Bad Deed Went Unpunished, and I Was Centsationally Rewarded

On WEDNESDAY, July 11th, I stopped by Country Mart for a couple items, and scratchers out of their machine. I pushed in a cart from the end of the parking lot, finished my mission, and parked it in the vestibule. I could carry my bags on my arm. After shoving that cart inside another, I turned for the door, and saw my REWARD!


Would you lookie there! A penny!


A 1992, and it's face down.
_________________________________________________________________________

FRIDAY THE 13TH was good luck for me. I stopped at Casey's to get scratchers for Genius's letter, since I had taken his the previous evening, and needed to replace them. He doesn't need to know that I won $25 on those tickets I had set aside for him! Anyhoo...I rounded T-Hoe's bumper, and saw this little gem.


It was a shiny 2006, face down.


If I hadn't stolen Genius's intended tickets, I never would have found this penny! Shame on me. However...Genius might get a better winner with the replacements. You never know.

At my last stop, The Gas Station Chicken Store, for my 44 oz Diet Coke, I spied a penny as I walked in. I couldn't stop, though, because a gal was walking up to pay. You can imagine how much I was telepath-izing to her, "DON'T PICK UP MY PENNY!" as I bellied up to the soda fountain.


Lucky for me, she DIDN'T! I can't believe how people ignore pennies like that. Just proves it was put there for ME!


It was also face down, a 1981. That was a very good year...when I graduated from college. I'm pretty sure that non-pennypincher gal wasn't even born then.
_________________________________________________________________________

For 2018: Pennies  # 56, 57, 58.
For 2018: Dimes  still at # 10.
For 2018: Nickels still at # 4.

Since 2017 (the beginning), this was Penny # 134, 135, 136.
Since 2017 (the beginning), this is still Dime # 16.
Since 2017 (the beginning), this is still Nickel # 4.
_____________________________________________________________________

10 comments:

  1. You can retire soon if this luck keeps up...oh wait!

    Centsationally Rewarded; I see what you did there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe the luck will keep up because I'm retired and have more time to penny-hunt! I'm glad you're not one of those people I have to drop an anvil on to make them get the message.

      Delete
  2. 1981 is the year my youngest child was born. I have to say, if you and I traveled the same areas, you'd be fighting me for those pennies. Other people may ignore them, but to me and you, they're free money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HOS was born in 1980, and The Veteran in 1982. Of course, that was 7 and 5 years before I met Hick.

      Thank goodness there's an ocean between us! We'd have to work out a system of alternating penny-claims if we both spied one at the same time.

      Delete
  3. I thought of YOU on Friday the 13th. I found a penny, heads up and also a dime. People don't even want pennies anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Other people might have thought of me on Friday the 13th, but for a more sinister reason.

      Those coins were meant for YOU! That's about a month's worth of found money for me! The dimes really add up.

      Delete
  4. It looks like you'll be achieving pennyillionaire status soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if it'll be soon, but I'm pretty sure I'll get there before Linda. UNLESS she keeps finding the dimes.

      Delete
  5. 1981? That's the year I SHOULD have graduated from college... but I did two years, took off a few years, and then tried to wade my way back...

    You were one of the smart ones. You went straight through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was fortunate to go straight through. I took a few years off from teaching, but then found my way back when I needed to.

      Delete