Saturday, February 2, 2019

Val's Harvest Was Virtually AbCENT This Week

Val's crop that feeds her Future Pennyillionaire fortune was blighted again this week. Only one thin penny to show for her efforts.


It popped up on SUNDAY, Jan 27th, appearing to kick off a week of bounty. "Au contraire," Val grouses from her lair. "This was it!"


The clerk who didn't even wait on Val saw her taking the picture of this 1994 Abe-doing-a-headstand. "Oh, another penny?" She knows what's up! I was going to step to her line, since the ticket display is now up on the window on that side. But another guy beat me to it. THEN I had to wait for him to leave so I could take my picture, and more importantly, snatch that penny right out from under his obliviousness.

I don't know if that's Abe's actual position. Without my glasses, I couldn't tell. And sometimes my phone flips an image 180. Just ask The Pony's monthly mobile deposit checks.
__________________________________________________________________

2019 Running Total
Penny   # 11.
Dime   still at 1.
Nickel  still at 2
Quarter  still at 1

2018 TOTALS
Penny  131
Dime  17
Nickel  6
Quarter  1

2017 TOTALS (Started in March, 2017)
Penny  78
Dime   6
Nickel  0
Quarter  0
___________________________________________________________________

10 comments:

  1. How are you going to be a pennyillionaire at this rate?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Employment is up, wages are up, Wall Street is up, Penny finding is down...it's been a sad week for the economy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it helps, I found a twenty cent coin in my garden, it was so dark and dirty, it must have been hidden under the surface for years. Impossible to get it clean, so I may just put it back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or you could start a garden coin collection. I'm sure Hick could find you a goblet to hold them.

      Delete
  4. You need to get out more! I find parking lots to be fairly productive as long as you don't get run over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get out once a day for my 44 oz Diet Coke, and go to about 3 places. More would seem like work! I think if a penny is meant for me, it will appear without any effort on my part.

      Delete
  5. I was in Minnesota since Thursday with NO INTERNET. I cleaned my son's house with the help of his sisters. I thought about you every time I found a penny on the floor. I mentioned you when I picked up the 10th penny. My son-in-law was fascinated when I told him that you keep a running total. My in-law children are more apt to listen to me than my children!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am brainwashing people from considerable distances! I know what you mean about the attentiveness. Friend is more likely to listen to me than Genius. Who we both call a pompous ass at opportune times.

      Delete