Saturday, February 23, 2019

I Need to Start Calling This the Saturday CENTSless

Conditions in Backroads have been harsh! It's like a UFO shone down a tractor beam with more branches than a baobab tree, and sucked out all my CENTS!

I have nothing to show for my troubles this week. Nothing! Unless...

Thevictorian BirthdayPalooza triggers a rain of pennies between here and The Pony's college town. Hick and I are off to Norman for a brief visit. We'll see what develops. My dream of becoming a Future Pennyillionaire might wither on the vine, with no copper fruits to show for my labor.
__________________________________________________________________

GOT ONE! On WEDNESDAY, February 20, I found my long-anticipated Lincoln on the dirty, dirty floor of Orb K. He was face-down, from 1962.


Looks like somebody's going to be running out of energy! I had not even planned to go in Orb K. Haven't been there for about a week. Sadly, the Casey's parking lot had no room for T-Hoe, so I figured I could go to Orb K instead. That register wasn't even open when I walked in to look at their scratcher display. I was in the other line when they closed it to check in a delivery bill of lading, and opened this register. I was the second in line, and grabbed the penny.


I left the wrapper, though. Don't know what comes in such packaging. Maybe it was illicit drugs. Must have fallen out of somebody's pocket when he reached in for change. Oh, NO! I hope my penny isn't covered with illegal residue!
__________________________________________________________________

Oopsie! Found another one on THURSDAY, February 21, in STEELVILLE, MO on the way to visit The Pony in Oklahoma.


Dang it! I had a wide shot showing my toe and Hick's feet while he was paying for (NOT A DONUT) a Diet Coke at the counter. I don't know why my phone went all wonky.

In fact, I'd gotten out of A-Cad with it sitting in the console, but told Hick, "Wait! I'm getting my phone. Might find a penny." And so I did, on the way out the door.
__________________________________________________________________

2019 Running Total
Penny   # 14, 15.
Dime    still at  3.
Nickel  still at 2.
Quarter  still at 1.

2018 TOTALS
Penny  131
Dime  17
Nickel  6
Quarter  1

2017 TOTALS (Started in March, 2017)
Penny  78
Dime   6
Nickel  0
Quarter  0
___________________________________________________________________

7 comments:

  1. If you took all that change you might be able to pay for a scratchier and turn it into your penny-millionaire quest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do wash these items when you get home, don't you? And what do you do with them. Are they a retirement fund?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WASH them??? That would just be weird! I put them in my penny goblet, of course. Isn't that what everybody does with their weekly found pennies? Hick actually has a lot more, from his nightly pockets, that he's been saving for 30 years.

      Delete
  3. The Orb K shot looks like that drinks rack got shifted over a bit, revealing the penny just for you, along with the grime and the wrapper. You don't wash those found pennies?? Urk! URK!! I wash found coins in hot water and dishwashing liquid, AFTER I've done the dishes of course, don't want street germs floating around in water I'm going to put my plates and cups into.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It DOES look shifted-over!

      I have never considered washing my found pennies. They're Pennies from Heaven! Heaven isn't dirty! Besides, it's not like I'm going to lick them or put them in my mouth! They are dry, perhaps not so shiny, but even the ones coated with dirt aren't sticky. I just put them in my saver goblet. Besides, I think most of the grime comes off in my pocket on the way home.

      Delete
  4. Yes, Heaven is clean, but the places your pennies land, aren't.

    ReplyDelete