Friday, January 1, 2016

Once I Rose Above the Ploys and Deception, Just to Get Glimpse of Hick's New Contraption

Once upon a time, Jan. 29, 2006, to be exact, we found two little furballs huddled behind the garage.

That was baby poor dumb Ann, and her even dumber brother Cubby, now deceased. We kept them in an old cathouse (not an actual house of ill repute chock full of ladies of the evening, but a wooden house build by Hick for our cats). As the puppies outgrew that house, Hick went to town to buy them one more their size. Except the Family Center only had two sizes of dog house. One for big dogs. And one for almost-as-big dogs.

The dog house came with a pillow. I know that only because Hick brought it in the house, and announced, "Look what I got for our bed. It came free with the dog house."

I looked at it. "It's for the dog."

"I'm not giving it to those pups to tear up! We'll put it in our bed."

I told Hick he was not putting it in our bed. Sure, it LOOKED nice, with its thin flannel plaid covering. But it was full of cedar shavings. Hick acted offended.

"Well I don't know why not! It's just a pillow." He read the tag. Which he shortly ripped off the pillow. "Recommended for pet use only. Huh! We'll give it to Grizzly before I give it to those pups!"

Yeah. Val almost laid her weary head to rest on a DOG PILLOW.

Courtesy of Hick.

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank goodness Hick's bragging keeps me informed.

      Delete
  2. Never put the dog food in the pantry. He may say, "But Val, it says, Beef, carrots...it's as good as stew." Hick means well, you know. You have to read the labels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could put that dog food in a bowl for him, and as long as it stacked up high above the rim like his towering bowl of soup, he would eat it with gusto.

      Delete
  3. Cedar chips... Did he also find a "cool" water bottle that could be hung upside down, and all you'd have to do when you got thirsty was suck on the metal "straw"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, heh! That would be great! Maybe he could build me a little shed with a clear tube running from one wall to the next, and an old tractor tire that spins, so I could get exercise in inclement weather...

      Delete
  4. Good thing there are women in the world to keep the whole place from going to the dogs (bless their hearts).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, in this case, I had to make sure that pillow DID go TO the dogs!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. The Pony would not have known the difference. Unless he broke out with an allergic reaction. In which case he STILL might not have noticed.

      Delete
  6. Oh, you make me laugh! It would seem that we both married idiots!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So it would seem. And yet I don't have a golf cart with a radio installed by my honey, mounted to the roof in a wooden box:

      http://kampgroundkapers.blogspot.com/2010/10/scary.html

      I did, however, get handed a wooden crutch to use for propping open the back hatch of T-Hoe when the hydraulic thingy went bad.

      Delete