Monday, January 11, 2016

The Pony Continues To Make Headlines

It goes without saying that I love my little Pony more than life itself. It is not my purpose to pick on him. Yet he continues to make Val's blog news several times per week. Even HE knows it.

"This is going on, isn't it?"

"Um. YEAH! Unless you don't want me to."

"No. That's okay."

It seems like only two weeks ago that I wrote about The Pony's penchant for picking up damaged grocery items. It's like a 7th sense he has, honing in on mutilated packaging. Oh. That's right. It WAS only two weeks ago. I thought I had pretty much covered his food container faux pas in their entirely. But then Sunday dawned, and I needed to cast out the expired milk, and open the jug we bought Friday on the way home from school, in order to make some more corn muffins.

Imagine my great surprise (NOT) to see that the jug had an obvious dent near the top. How can The Pony not notice this? It's right by the handle where he grabs it, by cracky!

Yet he can recite word for word a conversation he had five years ago. He's like one of those freaky TV detective people, I guess. Or Marilu Henner.

On the other hand...his life skills are comparable to those of Jack Klugman as Oscar Madison. Or Peter Falk as Columbo.

8 comments:

  1. Dents on cans are bad, even I know that, but I didn't know about the dented plastic rule. Now if that expiration date is 1-10-16 and not 1-18-16 we have a problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nobody buys the milk to get the dent for free. I want a pristine container if I'm paying full price. The expiration date is only a suggestion, you know...but it says 1-18-16. Did you sit on your glasses again? Better drive to the glasses store for a new pair!

      Delete
  2. Did The Pony write the poem on the Statue of Liberty? You know how it goes, "Send me your tired, your poor, your dented cans & torn packages..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am fairly certain he did not. He's not a time traveler, and he doesn't give a hoot about anybody's tired or poor.

      Delete
  3. It could have been worse. He could have gotten a jug that had a tiny hole (leak)...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has picked up the ones with faulty seals around the cap. One time we had 1/8 of a Walmart bag full of milk by the time he carried it in.

      It was a faulty Walmart bag, of course. Didn't have that little hole in the bottom.

      Delete
  4. Ha! I think I got that jug with the pin hole leak in it.

    ReplyDelete