Sunday, August 9, 2015

Just Imagine the Area Behind Him Filled With Thousands of Baby Spiders...

IT'S ALIVE!

Alive, I tell you! NewNew Delly lives! Genius was here Wednesday morning to perform the transplant.

I imagined a linkage like the early transfusions. A cord running from New Delly to NewNew Delly like a tube running from the forearm of the blood donor to the recipient. I supposed that Genius had already performed some perfunctory procedures. Like storing New Delly's information somewhere in the cloud, like one's own blood stashed away in Tupperware containers after withdrawal from the blood bank, and stored in a neighbor's freezer.

It remains to be seen whether New Delly will become a donor. Right now, he is on life support, being fed electricity on Genius's desk at the bottom of the stairs.

I must say, NewNew Delly fits in swimmingly with my old accessories. While New Delly was SO 2007, NewNew Delly has that sleek black updated look that only a Frankensteined Genius 2015 can provide.

Here he is in all his gutsy glory. NewNew Delly. Not Genius.



And here is the face he presents to the world. Or at least the denizens that occupy my dark basement lair.



I am looking forward to our future together, in which we will grasp hands and run through a meadow with sun streaming through our ebony hair. Or sit in an unlit basement, opening Windows tabs all willy-nilly with abandon.

16 comments:

  1. I just bought a new small laptop today. I feel like a goof, not a geek, because I don't know a thing about rams...thought the kid was talking about the football team.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, heh. Good luck with your new technology. The Rams would have a better chance of winning the Super Bowl than I would have learning a new laptop without the help of Genius.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a winner. I hope you too are happy together. Live long and prosper, as Spock would say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are cautiously optimistic. I already feel comfortable enough around my NewNew Delly to burp and fart in front of him.

      Delete
  3. That looks like a tall, dark and handsome hunk of technology. I'm sure you two will write lovely stories together...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! We make beautiful music together, too.

      Delete
  4. Just think of all the amazing stories you will create with your NewNew Delly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about him, but I want as many as possible. We didn't discuss this before our union, but I think I can get my way.

      Delete
  5. Spiders in the World wide web?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It lives! At least until the New Delhi customer service reps get a hold of their namesake, in my experience. Lucky you to have a Genius on hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Genius is my service rep. He spent many an hour talking to New Delhi reps when he was about 10, trying to straighten out a partition problem with a sound card and two versions of Windows on The Pony's new computer. "Mom. I'm on hold. This is my second supervisor. I don't really think those people I talked to gave me their real names. They didn't sound like Bob and Sarah."

      They told him there was no disk for the re-install of the older version, but funny how we got one in the mail in three days. For free.

      Delete
  7. I dream of a NewNew Delly - currently we are running on hope with a crash team on constant standby - he's a very sleek looking piece of kit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best of luck with your dream Delly. Remember to back away from the patient if the crash team yells, "CLEAR!"

      Delete
  8. Lovely. I'd love to hear Genius' opinions on leaving the sides off of one's computer. Mine was making a throbbing noise until I took the sides off. I would think it would be cooler but SWMBO says I run the risk of filling it up with cat hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if Genius was talking to ME, he would say, "You are ridiculous. The sides had nothing to do with that throbbing sound. It's just a coincidence." Then he would make a miniscule obscure adjustment, perhaps by bending metal with his mind like The Amazing Kreskin, or by surreptitiously wielding a tiny screwdriver.

      If I remember, I'll ask him about the throbbing the next time he texts me wanting money or a 45-year-old mattress.

      Delete