Saturday, March 9, 2024

Playing For an Unknown "Price"

Hick played bar bingo again on Tuesday night. I won't bother with his food photo, since he had the same meal as the last two times: cheeseburger, fries, and fried mushrooms. Hick says he just drinks soda at this location, since it goes so quickly he doesn't want to take a risk of driving home after imbibing. At the last place he used to play, he and his friends would get there around 4:00, and leave after 8:30. Here, he arrives at 5:00 or later, and leaves around 7:30.

Here's the "prices" from this week:


In true Hick photo fashion, you have the subject surrounded by lots of unuseful border. 

"I can't tell what they are."

"O'clock wine glasses t shirt"

"What's in front of the clock? Lookes like placemats."

"I think so."

I believe bar bingo has seven or nine prizes per night. So I asked Hick where the rest of them were.

"There was several gift cards."

"What was the grand prize?"

"I don't know. But I almost won it. One number off."

Does that sound fishy to you? Hick almost won the grand prize, but didn't know what it was? Surely he paid attention to what the actual winner got. You know. Since he was only drinking soda.

Since he's not winning anything, I'd prefer Hick went back to Wednesday night bar bingo, at the other location that is less than 1/4 mile down the road from this one. At least I'd see a variety of food, and Hick would be gone longer!

6 comments:

  1. Maybe he won something you might want and didn't want to share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! That makes me remember the time Hick was in a bowling league, and they won the championship, and his cut was $89. Hick didn't tell me. Then one of my teaching colleagues, who was in the same league, asked how happy Hick was to win $89.

      I asked about it, and Hick stammered a bit before admitting his win. I let him wonder for a couple years, before I told him who tipped me off.

      Delete
  2. Going back to Wednesday bingo migt be a good idea, but the don't have proper sit-down chairs do they? Perhaps the lure of better prizes might be enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot about the sit-down chairs! That didn't seem to bother Hick before his buddy won $8000 at the new place. I don't know that the prizes are any better. I just don't get why Hick switched, when his friends play at the other place, too. Maybe it's the cheeseburger and fries and mushrooms.

      Delete
  3. I would investigate more. Sit him under a bright light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, heh! I sometimes ask him if he's been visiting his secret family.

      Delete