Saturday, March 2, 2024

Hick Gallivants on His Stomach

No need to worry about Hick starving while he is gallivanting about the county through the week. He doesn't miss a meal. Like on Tuesday, his new bar bingo night. 

Hick starts every day with a banana from home, and Casey's donuts. He meets Old Buddy to work on the flip house(s) until time for lunch at the Senior Center. On Tuesday, they served a ham dinner:


There's ham, sweet potatoes, mixed vegetable medley, a roll, and pie. Hick thinks it was coconut cream. He ate it, you know, but isn't sure what it was.

After lunch, Hick might go buy items needed for the flip house(s), or to work in his SUS2 (Storage Unit Store 2). Then he goes to the new location where he plays bar bingo. It's in a shopping center in a building that long ago was a JC Penney, then a Kroger, then something else. Not sure what it is called now.


Hick must like the burger and fries there. This time he added some fried mushrooms. Look! They reserved a table for Hick. Well. Half a table, anyway. He did not show or mention any prizes that night.

I asked Hick why he switched from Wednesday night bingo, when he got home around 9:30, to Tuesday bingo, when he gets home before 8:00.

"It's a better place. The food is better. It's more organized. And they have sit-down chairs."

????

Pardon me if I'm being nitpicky, but I thought ALL chairs were sit-down chairs. That's what a chair is, right? There are no stand-up chairs. No lying-down chairs. They are called something besides chairs. I had to get clarification on what Hick meant.

"They're regular chairs."

"What do you mean? Instead of folding chairs?"

"They're chairs. Not tall stools like at the other place. My feet didn't touch the floor."

Huh. I never would have guessed that from the previous pictures. Also, this Tuesday place starts bingo at 6:00 instead of 7:00. I guess there's not as big a crowd, because Hick says he went so early to the other place because somebody had to save seats. 

I guess they didn't take reservations... 

7 comments:

  1. Sit down chairs, hmmm. I will always call it a sit down chair from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all of Hick's reasons for preferring the new Bingo place but I'd also add for myself, getting home earlier in the evening. Ha! I'm an early riser but I do go to bed earlier to make up for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hick mainly goes where his friends go to play bingo. Since they were going to both those places, plus more, I guess Hick's reasons are valid. He is also an early riser and early bed-goer.

      Delete
  3. I didn't think stools would be at all suitable for bingo, a chair with a back for support seems a much better option.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some bar stools have a back on them. I don't know about these. I think the main thing was Hick's short legs not reaching the floor.

      Delete