Sunday, March 3, 2024

A Little Spritz, a Little Splash, Better Than Selzer Down Your Pants

Remember the Mary Tyler Moore show, at the funeral of Chuckles the Clown, (YouTube, 6 minutes) when Mary got the giggles during the eulogy? Specifically, to the motto of Chuckles: "A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants." I was thinking about that when I wrote the title. Not because I think of Hick as a clown. But because his bingo "price" this week at the Senior Center seems to be an unlikely combination.


Foot spray and cereal!!! I don't think that bar of soap and the Nivea lotion were Hick's. If so, perhaps somebody there is trying to send a message to Hick!

I wouldn't mind trying that cereal. I love Little Debbie Swiss Rolls. I'd be eating it dry, though. No splash of milk for me. I'm not a fan of milk. Never liked it. I have nothing against foot spray. Not on cereal, though!

Anyhoo... neither item has yet made its way into the house. Maybe Hick is spraying his feet for somebody else, and having a side of cereal with his Casey's donuts.

8 comments:

  1. I would think Hick should visit a dietician before his veins clog up from all that fried food and sugar he seems to be consuming. Of course, he did have some sweet potatoes and some mushrooms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hick might think you should visit an optician, since you clearly missed the mixed vegetables next to the sweet potatoes. Such an overSIGHT (see what I did there?) from the Commissioner of the Food Police!

      Delete
    2. Hick would gladly eat your sugary desserts, and probably that cornbread with pineapple, which I would shun, because pineapple does not belong with cornbread according to my palate.

      Delete
  2. Swiss Roll cereal? I'd try that too, at least once and without the milk. I wonder about some of the odd things given as prizes, like the foot powder spray. Do they clean out the cabinets of people who have "moved on"? and just randomly package them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think all the items are donated. At first I told Farmer H it looked like people were re-gifting things they didn't want. Then there were the off-season things like 4th of July plates in August, and hot chocolate in July.

      Delete
  3. I remember that episode! When my grandmother died, the service was held in an old country church that had just recieved a synthesizer to add to their music during a service. I am willing to bet that whoever set it up didn't know how. They had it set to a "bop, bop, bopbopbop" rhythm that made all the old hymns make me think of that old song "Mr. Sandman, bring me a dream ...." My children have told me that my face tells all my secrets and to never play poker. My sister was in my line of vision and she turned and looked at me sternly, then we both had to pretend we were crying into our hands we were laughing and could not stop. Awww, memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The most memorable time I got the uncontrollable giggles was at a faculty meeting, when a silver-haired librarian stood up in front of us to give a report, and my friend said, "Her butt is having lunch." In reference to the obvious sight that her granny panties were creeping up behind. We got several stern looks, which did not help the situation at all.

      Delete