Saturday, March 16, 2024

Hick's Bingo "Prices" Could Outfit Us For an Expedition

Hick continues to win "prices" at lunchtime Senior Center bingo, yet lose at bar bingo on Tuesday nights. He's always proud to send me a picture of his winnings. Like on Wednesday, when he won another blanket. I swear, we could take a trip to Antarctica and be snug as two bugs in multiple rugs, with the collection of blankets Hick has won at bingo.


At first glance, I thought this was some knockoff Dollar Store version of Ugg boots. Still a viable option for our Antarctica trip. But Hick said it was a blanket. Then I noticed it was just the way that blanket was tied up with the ribbon.

On Friday, Hick crowed into my space in the kitchen while I was making chicken pot pie, to try and show me a picture on his phone.

"My new blanket is worth FIFTY DOLLARS. See???"

I did not see, being busy making supper. But I took Hick's word for it. He's pretty good with finding the prices for assorted auction finds. And the label on this one says CuddlDuds, which is at least a brand name that I've heard of.

Still... to me that blanket is just something somebody didn't want, so they re-gifted it to the Senior Center as a tax credit for charity.

8 comments:

  1. That blanket, or Cozy Soft Throw as it is identified in the picture, looks like just the thing to toss over one's legs in the recliner while watching t.v. on a cold Missouri night. Makes me feel all . . . cozy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one looks quite toasty. I have a fleece throw that The Pony left here for me, in University of Oklahoma (OU) colors, that is perfect for my TV-watching needs. Hick might want to sell this "valuable" version at his SUS2.

      Delete
  2. We have those blankets as well. I sent a few off to GoodWill, and have found a few more. That throw looks like quality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't need quality. Just a warm blankie. I have one The Pony gave me, and another downstairs that I won at the Christmas Even party of my sister the ex-mayor's wife. They are regular fleece throws. Then I have the thermal blanket that the hospital nurse wrapped around me for my wheelchair travel to the front door, when I was discharged during a snowstorm from my Unfortunate HospitVALzation in Feb 2022.

      Delete
  3. That blanket looks marvellously warm, but I can't have such a thing here, it would be completely covered in cat hair in no time at all, and that stuff is H*LL to get off or out of anything! Almost everything I own has cat hair on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No cats in Antarctica! You could schedule a brief vacation, and stay unfrostbitten draped in that blanket.

      Delete
  4. I like the colors, goes with everything! Those are expensive blankets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like neutral colors. Expensive if you can believe Hick's research. It IS a brand name I've heard of. Somebody is a lot nicer at re-gifting than giving muffin stumps to the homeless.

      Delete