Sunday, March 10, 2024

The Pony Has Butterhooves

Poor Pony. He took a tumble at work yesterday. It wasn't even raining! He made it through two days of rain, no problem, other than wet feet. He was perturbed that the forecast called for the rain to end at 11:00 on Friday. So he changed into the dry shoes he had taken for that very purpose. Yet there was another downpour at 12:00. Still, he stayed upright.

Saturday was sunny and clear, temps in the 50s. That's what The Pony likes. He wears his shorts. But at 4:19, he sent me a text:

"Headed home. Had an ouchy."


"NOOOO! Triple antibiotic ointment."

At 4:50, I had a reply.

"I knowwww. Shower stung a lot."

At least The Pony has Sunday off, now that he's a regular. Maybe a little healing can take place. Hick is always questioning why The Pony seems to fall so much. I guess when you walk 11 miles a day, that's gonna happen. Or maybe The Pony looks at his phone while walking. Or maybe the sidewalks are broken, or people have uneven steps. 

Another thought occurred to me. It's common knowledge that one of The Pony's main food groups happens to be BUTTER. The Pony is a Butterton, just like those old commercials for I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. Only his preferred brand is Kerrygold.

Maybe the soles of The Pony's feet excrete BUTTER! And it's like Alien blood, and seeps through his shoe soles. Making footing slippery.

Whatever the reason, I feel bad for The Pony. And it's not just the unflattering angle of his photo. Nobody should have to bleed on the job.

12 comments:

  1. Maybe he's just naturally clumsy? No shame in that. I have a friend who was very clumsy, especially where stairs were involved. She fell up them almost as often as she fell down them. We are both 70 now and last Christmas she fell 2 different times. Somethings never change. Ranee (MN)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well... The Pony HAS broken both elbows. Once in 4th grade, from falling in the hallway after school, when he was trying to run to my room, stubbed a toe, and his heavy backpack slammed him down. The other time in 7th grade, when he tripped up the stairs on the way to lunch. Which he brought, so no hurry to be first in line. Only the first break required surgery!

      Delete
  2. You certainly have a good imagination! Run that past him about the butter foot slipperiness. Have you ever tried Mupiricin? You will need a prescription. Or, he will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer being told I have a "good imagination" to people using the crazy temple twirly finger!

      I had not heard of Mupirocin, so I looked it up. It said it should not be applied to cuts, burns, or scrapes. We usually have success with the generic triple antibiotic ointment.

      Delete
    2. It was a compliment.

      Well, the doctor put it on my boo boo when we were both afraid it was too dangerous to leave the infection on my leg untreated. He had just lanced and infection. I wonder why. Then, he prescribed it for me.

      Delete
    3. Yes, thanks. That's why I said I prefer it!

      I'm not a doctor, I just read the directions. He must have known what he was doing, and weighed the risks of using it or not. Maybe it should be used for actual infections in such wounds, and not to prevent one.

      Delete
    4. Maybe that is why he used that antibiotics.

      Delete
  3. The butter definitely is NOT to blame. I eat as much butter as The Pony and I almost never fall over. The scrape looks painful and I hope The Pony does as you ask with the triple cream, but for me I would just wash it clean dab it with antiseptic and cover it with a wide bandaid for a couple of days. I'm a good healer so that's all I'd need. My sliced thumb is completely healed and I didn't even bother going for stitches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for your thumb! A slicing injury where the sides can reconnect might heal easier than a scrape, where old skin must slough off and new skin replace it. The Pony said his knee is oozing, which is the first step in clearing out the injured portions. Short of going to the doctor, and having it SCRUBBED. Which I think is called debriding the wound.

      Delete
  4. I would lean towards bad maintenance on sidewalks, but .... you could write a sci-fi story about aliens and butter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far-fetched as some of my tales might seem, I am really no good at fiction!

      Delete