Saturday, October 28, 2023

Val Is at Odds With Even Steven Over This COINcidence

What are the odds that a seasoned coin-hound like Val would not see any change for three weeks straight? I'd say slim to none. Something is amiss. For the third week in a row, not a single coin was harvested for Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune! Not only was no coin nabbed, but there was not even a sighting, nor a reason to leave one behind.

How likely is it that Val can be in the right place at the wrong time, or the wrong place at the right time, for three entire weeks? Twenty-one days of no coinage! I'm pretty sure that's a new record. And NOT one that I've ever aspired to set.

I'll never surpass last year's totals at this rate!
________________________________________________________________

That's 0 COINS this week, for 0 CENTS towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune!
______________________________________________________

2023 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny           still at 79
Dime             still at 16
Nickel           still at 1
Quarter        still at 4

2022 FINAL TOTALS

Penny           124
Dime              21
Nickel              7
Quarter             9

2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter         6
_______________________________________________________

8 comments:

  1. Perhaps inflation has caused shoppers to be more aware of the value of their change and therefore, worthy of the effort to pick them up from the ground or to hold onto the coins a bit tighter, in the first place. Our paper reported, that despite the high rate of inflation, people are still spending like crazy. Maybe they are trying to beat the next price increase that may be destined by the next week, or next day, or next hour, for all we know. We live in a small community and the prices of things just keep going up here. I see it quite frequently with the groceries, especially. I, personally, am not doing a lot of other spending, but do price things out of curiosity. I'd be watching my pennies too, just looking at what things cost. Ranee (MN)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe they've been saving for their Halloween candy. Or Thanksgiving dinner. Or Christmas.

      Delete
  2. This does not bode well for your future pennyillionairedom. Even Steven must be on his Christmas Break earlier this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. I might only make it to Pennythousandaire. But Even Steven DID give me scratcher winners of $100 and $77 yesterday!

      Delete
  3. Since I have been so dizzy, I have been looking down at my feet and moving them carefully ..... and nary a coin have I discovered on the pavement!

    ReplyDelete