Wednesday, October 25, 2023

The City Graciously Allows The Pony Access To His Own Property

I was headed to The Pony's house on Tuesday, his day off, to deliver two large jars of minced garlic, and pick up some payments for his half of the Double Hovel flip house expenditures. The Pony texted me to warn that the city employees were working on his side street. You know, the one where the water main broke, and left a big hole back in August.

"You'll want to park out front, or by the senior apartments street row. They're working on the side street today."

Duly noted. I planned to park in front of The Pony's house. Except when I arrived, there was a city truck attached to a trailer there. And a dump truck across the street by the parking at the senior apartments. I managed to squeeze T-Hoe in by The Pony's neighbors' driveway. Right in front of his mailbox.

"Why is your neighbors' driveway full of yellow flowers?"

"I don't know. They DO still live there. I've seen them a couple times. And there was a light on last night."

"So how are you parking with all this work going on?"

"In my back yard. I can drive over the curb on the side street, and get past the trailer and lumber Dad left here. The good news is, they picked up my trash today! I guess the city vehicles were just enough out of the way that they could get to it this time."

While we were sitting in T-Hoe, a backhoe came up the street, maneuvered just in front of T-Hoe, and then dumped a lot of gravelly dirt into the back of the dump truck. I'm pretty sure the driver was cursing me for being in his way. Too bad, so sad.

4 comments:

  1. We all have to take pleasure where we find it! You made the dirt diggers unhappy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DID!

      All they had to do was park their vehicles across the main street, on the section of that side street that doesn't have a house. There's very little traffic on it. But no. They had to have that truck and trailer parked all day in front of The Pony's house. The dump truck could also have parked on the side street, with plenty of room to dump the dirt into it.

      Delete
  2. Never mind the road works, I want to know about the yellow flowers. Why were they there? Did they plant them to bloom there? Were they accidentally tipped off a funeral hearse?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think maybe they were once planted ALONG the driveway, but have spread themselves into the actual driveway itself. Without somebody constantly driving over them, they are thriving.

      Delete