Sunday, October 29, 2023

My Helicopter Can Remain Up On Blocks

The Pony sent me a picture on Friday at 4:02, near the end of his route:


You may recall that I associate ladybugs with my mom. She had them in the ceiling of her family room, and refused to call an exterminator, preferring to vacuum them up at the end of the day with her DustBuster, and set them free outside. She said it was no problem, because they went back up into the ceiling at night. We teased her a lot for that. After she died, I saw ladybugs a couple times a month, even when there shouldn't have been ladybugs in February, or inside the school on Open House night. I haven't seen a ladybug in a long time.

"Awwww! I so miss seeing them. Protecting YOU now! Not that I begrudge you protection..."

"She thinks I need it more!"

"You DO! Out working!"

I think The Pony will be okay.

6 comments:

  1. The ladybugs are here in full force:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen one in a long time. I'm either beyond hope, or I don't need watching over right now.

      Delete
  2. I've seen a few around here lately, maybe they're holidaying downunder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely not here. It's been 42 degrees for two days in a row, with rain. So anywhere else would be preferable.

      Delete
  3. I get stray cats, you get ladybugs. Good that your Mom is watching over your boy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The signs may vary, but the intention is the same. I am happy that The Pony is getting the brunt of the ladybug attention.

      Delete