Saturday, October 7, 2023

One and Done, to COIN This Week's Phrase

This was a week of missed opportunities for Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune. Two Lincolns left behind! Sorry, Abe. 

I saw a penny in the Liquor Store on Sunday, as I was waiting for my scratchers to be ripped from their respective rolls. But it was too far under the counter. My toe could not have dragged it out on that questionable rug. I don't think I could have reached it by hand, standing on my head and ampling my rumpus.

On Wednesday, a penny was waiting for my tender touch on the floor inside the door at the School-Turn Casey's. Kind of slippery that day from the rain, and a rush of people coming in when I got there around school let-out time. So I figured I'd get it on the way out, so as not to disrupt traffic flow with my rumpus waving in the air just inside the door. Dang it! There's a penny-thief on the loose! Somebody else got it before I left.

Anyhoo... I was gifted with an 11th-hour cent on THURSDAY, October 5, at the Sis-Town Casey's when I returned to T-Hoe to pump my gas. My heart was beating a mile a minute upon this discovery, at the pump next to mine. Maybe it was just from the exertion of hauling my ample rumpus across the lot, fearing that my pump would shut off my payment before I got there in time.


It was almost GLOWING to get my attention. I put the nozzle into T-Hoe's tank, my scratchers on the seat, and stepped over to nab my rightful penny. A white small sedan started into that bay, but saw me and veered two over. So I was nearly thwarted, except for the fact they didn't want to ruin the front of their car by ramming into me.


It was a face-down 2023 penny, so shiny and new. A welcome change to the bedraggled Abes I usually find on parking lots.
________________________________________________________________

That's 1 COINS this week, for 1 CENT towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune!
______________________________________________________

2023 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny           # 79.
Dime             still at 16
Nickel           still at 1
Quarter        still at 4

2022 FINAL TOTALS

Penny           124
Dime              21
Nickel              7
Quarter             9

2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter         6
_______________________________________________________  

6 comments:

  1. Good for you Val for not giving up after losing out on the other two pennies:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I AM persistent. If I come up two pennies short of a new record at the end of the year, I will kick my own ample rumpus for not making more effort to get these two.

      Delete
  2. One is better than none, but three would have been good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. As usual. She really needs to start a Riverpedia site so people can look up her advice.

      Delete