Wednesday, October 11, 2023

No Good Deed Goes Unconfused

Here we go again with the 45-degree sewer pipes! Just when I thought I had gotten to the bottom of the sewer issue that Hick's buddy was having-under his house, Hick re-opened that can of worms on Tuesday evening.

"Well, I did my good deed for the day."

"Um... are you going to explain?"

"I fixed my buddy's sewer pipes. He had sewage running out under his house. I told him I was worried about him and his wife breathing in that stuff."

"So you replaced the 90-degree angles with 135-degree angles using the 45 elbows?"

"No. I took out the 90-degree angles."

"How did you do that? Just run the pipes straight?"

"No. You don't understand nothin' about how water flows!"

"How could you take out the 90-degree angles?"

"Val. There was six of the 90-degree angles. I took out four of them."

"So you didn't need those 45 elbows you were carrying on about?"

"Yes. I used them."

"You just said you didn't!"

"I put them in last week. They're not under the house. They run off the back of the house."

"The 135-degree angles made with the 45 elbows?"

"Whatever. Nobody ever calls them that."

"Yet I am technically correct."

"Let me draw you a picture--"

"NOOO! I don't care! I don't need a picture. Just saying that your mistake was in calling the elbows 45-degree angles. That's it! Done!"

"You never can understand a drawing."

"No. Not from you. WAIT! Why are you walking around the kitchen? Weren't you crawling around in poop under the house?"

"We put a tarp down. So I wasn't actually in the poop. And I sent Old Buddy under the house. But I AM on my way to take a shower."

Good to know.

4 comments:

  1. Ugh! Sewage running out under the house. Thank heavens for showers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least they put down a tarp. AND Hick had Old Buddy go under the house. But SOMEBODY had to take the tarp out, and it's not a one-person job...

      Delete
  2. Poor old Buddy reminds me of my Kevin, always willing to help with the nastiest of projects. I miss Kevin. His step brother died last week. The one that was mentally challenged. Made me think about Kevin all day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kevin's memory lives on when you mention him. I remember how much you depended on him. Old Buddy is helpful and friendly, but can't hold a candle to Kevin. Though he would be able to efficiently hold a candle, if Hick told him to.

      Delete