Monday, October 9, 2023

Hick and the Not-Quite Freebies

Well, he's at it again. Not quite getting freebies, but getting an incredible deal.

Hick came home from his SUS2 (Storage Unit Store 2) on Saturday evening, with four white polo shirts. Three were in clear plastic packaging.

"My buddy had some of these shirts he sold me for a dollar apiece. This 2XL fits me great. I don't know about the others. They're XL. I didn't open them to try one one. He's going to see if he can get me some more 2XL."

In fact, Hick went off Sunday morning wearing that white 2XL polo. It looked sharp. When he came home, he said he bought three more of the XL.

"I can sell them for $5. It's a good deal. He's going to look for more 2XL."

Hick proceeded to warm up his supper of leftover pepperoni pizza. As he was peeling the top off a container of garlic dipping sauce, and another of marinara sauce, I said,

"Are you sure you don't want to take off your shirt? Or put on another one? You're just asking for trouble with that sauce."

"Nah. I'll be fine."

As far as I know, there was no unfortunate accident with the shirt. I guess wasting a dollar is the worst that could happen.

8 comments:

  1. Wow! You can't beat the price of those shirts. I'm a good one for dripping whatever on the front of my shirts too:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Hick wants a few more. I think he was "dressed up" to work at his SUS2. Rather than the everyday colored t-shirts he usually wears there. I hope he doesn't wear his fancy $1 shirt to work on the flip house!

      Delete
  2. Every single meal my honey gets something on his shirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot even pretend to be surprised. I am still in shock that Hick didn't get garlic or marinara sauce on his "fancy" shirt. My money was on the marinara.

      Delete
  3. Well done on the no spillage. That's a bargain on the shirts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am proud of Hick for getting all of his food into his mouth. I am always proud of his bargains. Except that time he ALMOST brought home a box marked MEAT from the auction.

      Delete
  4. I can't begin to tell you how many shirts have fallen prey to drips around here! Worse were the ones with grease and grime and questionable stains that I don't wish to know the origin of. I finally had to hide his "good clothes". I would carefully designate his "play" clothes from his good clothes, even labeling the stacks. He would say he needed to look nice, then go straight out to route sewer or some equally nasty chore! They are still little boys at heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As if there's a standard of dress assumed for routing a sewer!

      Delete