Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Maybe They Just Can't Help Themselves

On the way to Save A Lot on Sunday afternoon, I passed a car that the police had pulled over on a side street leading to the elementary school. You don't see people pulled over here very often. The policewoman was standing beside the driver's door, gesturing like she was explaining something. A few yards up the road, I passed another city police car heading that way. Perhaps to assist.

I went into Save A Lot, and was startled to hear revving engines, and squealing tires, and a siren. It happened several times while I was shopping. That's unusual. Not something you normally hear while inside the building. Or much at all in town.

As I was leaving, I had to wait to pull out on the street that passes in front of Save A Lot. It was like a parade of classic cars. I suppose there had a been a car show farther down the road, at the sand flats where they hold drag races.

Even as I waited in the line of cars to pull out on the main road, there were the revving engines, and the squealing tires. The stoplight is only about 50 yards from the Save A Lot stop sign. Don't know what the great hurry was to rush out onto that road.

I suppose those classic car people just can't help showing off.

4 comments:

  1. I don't mind seeing classic cars but the revving and squealing isn't something I like to hear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. They should be seen and not heard!

      Delete
  2. Like River, I tend to think the noise to be a nuisance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe that's why the police were chasing a few of them.

      Delete