Saturday, November 7, 2020

One, Singular CENTsation

The penny landscape was barren this week. I'm surprised I wasn't toppled by a herd of tumbleweeds while hobbling from T-Hoe into assorted convenience stores, eyes downcast to harvest some coinage. 

Country Mart came through for me on MONDAY, November 2, by forcing me to park in a not-favorite space. When I came out, I had to cross the lot, rather than make a right turn down the sidewalk.


Lookie there! No, not at that piece of trash. On the yellow line, at the bottom. That's a heads-up 2001 penny, either left there while I was shopping, or shining in the sun on my reverse path to T-Hoe. Sorry for the tilted-ship's-eye view, but I was juggling several bags of groceries on my arm while trying to operate my phone camera.

I thought I had a close-up. Even bent down and zoomed in, waving my ample rumpus all willy-nilly to those unfortunates leaving the store behind me. Apparently the round spot on my phone that snaps the picture didn't recognize me as a living person.

That's not T-Hoe in the background. He's off camera, to the right, across from that other vehicle. I had high hopes, what with nabbing this treasure on Monday, but the rest of the week forsook me.
 
I was sorely tempted to claim that quarter The Pony threw down to show the size of his unicorn and obsidian...
_________________________________________________________________

That's ONE PENNY, for ONE CENT this week. Just as well, what with the overcrowding in my recycled Little Caesar's marinara sauce plastic cup, where my 2020 Future Pennyillionaire Fortune resides.
_________________________________________________________________
 
2020 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny       # 121.
Dime         still at 23.
Nickel       still at 10.
Quarter    still at 1.

2019 TOTALS
Penny     134
Dime        20
Nickel        8
Quarter      5
__________________________________________________________________


2 comments:

  1. See? Even Steven is doing you a favour by holding off until you get a new penny goblet. Ha Ha

    ReplyDelete