Thursday, November 26, 2020

Thanksgiving Indeed

It's not all about the turkey, you know! Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on what you are thankful for. In my case, it's not proper usage of prepositions. 
 
I AM thankful that Hick is quickly recovering from his gallbladder surgery last Thursday. And that The Pony is here with us so I can spend two days preparing a meal that will be eaten in 15 minutes. He's actually a big help, trotting to and fro to bring me ingredients. We miss Genius, trapped in Pittsburgh, doing without bar and restaurant alcohol on Thanksgiving Eve. But overall, we've had a good year, in the worst of years.

You know what else I'm thankful for?
 

IT'S HEEE-EEERE! 

My $25 check from the Missouri Lottery, for that ticket that had the smeary barcode.
 
 
I sent it off way back on October 17, and it arrived in EmBee last Friday, November 20. Hick said I'd never get my rightful $25. And that now I didn't even have the ticket in hand to pursue the matter further, since I'd mailed it in. DUH! That Hick is such a lottery novice. The only way you can be paid by mail is to MAIL THE ORIGINAL TICKET to the lottery office.

My faith in gambling has been restored!

Hope you all had just as many reasons to be thankful, and maybe even had a bite of turkey.

8 comments:

  1. Rock Cornish game hens here but I do have a refund check on my desk from Publisher's Clearing House for $5.95 that they mistakenly charged us and grudgingly gave back. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hick calls them LITTLE CHICKENS. We used to have them in a rotisserie that my grandma gave us. I guess it quit working, since for some reason I quit buying those hens.

      Good to know that somebody else also got a check in the mail! Happy Thanksgiving to you and SWMBO!

      Delete
  2. Turkey? not for me thanks, you can have my share. I had a home made chicken schnitzel from the stash in the freezer, where there is now only one left :(
    I had a small win on the lottery draw last night, about $27.80 if I worked it out right. I would have preferred the $20million...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY GOSH! This was the most delicious turkey I've ever eaten! Not that I'm bragging. All I did was buy it, set it in FRIG II for two days to thaw, and shove it in the oven. Didn't coat it with anything, didn't baste it, didn't inject it, didn't rub it. I'm swearing off Butterball, and pledging allegiance to Honeysuckle White from now on.

      I had everybody's share! Courtesy of Hick's slicing and plating.

      That's a good win on your lottery! I never win on draw tickets. Not even $2. I never have schnitzel, either. Though I doubt the two are related...

      Delete
  3. Glad Hick is on his road to recovery and soon to return to his bargain hunting. Looks like we will have leftover turkey until Christmas. WHY he thought the two of us needed a 23 pounder is beyond me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hick would be back to normal, except he also has a pinched nerve in his neck, causing him arm and shoulder pain. I guess he wore out the titanium plate in his neck that fixed it years ago!

      23 pounds! I guess Bill really, really likes turkey!

      Delete
    2. I had a C6 laminectomy 35 years ago that is still holding up.

      Delete
    3. You must have been taking care of your neck, while Hick treated his like an amusement park...

      I think Hick and Buddy's Badly Blacktopped Hill does his neck no favors. In addition to him driving the Gator all over our gravel roads.

      Delete