Sunday, November 15, 2020

Hot Dog! The Ponytail Guy's Meat Makes a Timely Appearance

 Hick has been reunited with the Ponytail Guy's meat. Friday morning, he sent me a text.

"I got chicken patties and hot dogs and some keys today I didn't take the vegetables I gave that stuff to HOS"

"Keys?"

About 30 minutes later, the phone rang.

"Keys?" Do you need the keys to the BARn? They're on the dresser."

"No. I don't need any keys. You said you got chicken patties and hot dogs and keys."

"I did? I don't know anything about any keys."

"Then what did you get? I've been trying to figure it out. What might start with a K, that you could have typed wrong. Kiwi? I even asked The Pony. He said maybe you meant PEAS, because you use that talk to text thing. So what did you get besides chicken patties and hot dogs?"

"Oh! I got some CHEESE."

"I guess that makes sense."

"I also had celery, and gave that to HOS. And a container of liquid eggs."

"Since the Ponytail Guy brings a box to whoever wants it, maybe you could get one for HOS every week. I'm sure he could use it."

"I did. He got a box just like ours, and another one that had two gallons of milk, and some cereal stuff. I drove it over and put it on his porch. He came out to get it. I think everyone else was asleep."

"Okay. Good to know. Better to know that you didn't get a box of keys..."

4 comments:

  1. I would rather have cheese than keys from a food box. That made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, heh! Me too, after I realized what Hick was trying to say. At least The Pony rhymed it, and with an actual food. He's better at riddles than I am.

      Delete
  2. They could have been keys to treasure boxes, long ago hidden by pirates, but cheese is okay too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keys, to pirate treasure boxes, from the Fleet of a Ponytail Guy!

      Delete