Friday, November 6, 2020

I Suppose There's a Buyer For Every Piece of Merchandise

Some people would be horrified to receive the text I got from The Pony during his assistance in Hick's cleanout of the 18 original storage units. People who have an aversion to certain objects. 
 
Like snakes. I had students who had to look away if I showed them a video that included a snake. I'd warn them ahead of time. It's not like I hadn't seen the video over and over. I knew when it was coming up. Some didn't like spiders, but the snakes outnumbered them. One couldn't stand looking at a closeup of EYELASHES! I tried to accommodate them. Give them their safe space, albeit right there at their regular desk.

Here's your warning, in case you didn't figure out the thumbnail photo. Look away if you are afraid of 

CLOWNS!


I'm not sure why The Pony felt the need to share this specific treasure with me. I'm not afraid of clowns. All he included with the photo was "Creepy Doll." 

It's not a classic clown. But it's not a classic doll, either! I swear, its foot looks like a hairy hoof! What are those balloon sleeves? Not to mention one eyelashed eye, and one bald eye. 

As The Pony said, the box with 30 unicorns, and two pieces of obsidian, also contained dolls. Hick said there were a lot of them.

"Were they old?"

"Yeah."

"With porcelain heads? Like The Pony said?"

"Yes. Porcelain heads. And feet!"

"They have porcelain feet? That's creepy."

"Well. Maybe not porcelain. But they have feet. They're on stands."

"Like, a pole up their butt?"

"No. It's a pole. But it goes up their back, and under their arms. It has hooks. Like the top of a crutch. It goes under their armpits."

"Ew. How big are they?"

"This big. About 12 inches high."

"I guess you can sell them."

"Oh, I'll sell them!"

Hick never met a piece of merchandise he didn't like.

6 comments:

  1. A lot of "collector" dolls come with stands, like special edition Barbies etc, collectors display them instead of playing with them like little girls do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll ask Hick if he can get me a picture of some of his STANDing dolls. Hopefully they don't look like this little clown!

      Delete
  2. Hmm... maybe Hick could have a circus? I'll bet people would buy dolls though! You don't want one to set on your bed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! The idea of Hick running a circus has so many possibilities! Too bad he got rid of the goats and the mini-pony. He could give rides, or have a rodeo. And sell fair foods made from the meat of a Ponytail Guy. He can make a grabber machine where people can win the odds and ends from his 18 storage units. And have a balloon-shooting game where people use his guns instead of darts!!! Where they can win prizes like this creepy doll.

      Delete