Thursday, November 5, 2020

Sharp and Pointy Pays The Pony

The Pony has been earning his keep by assisting Hick with work in the Freight Container Garage. 
 
Hick is moving his treasures around, hauling off some junk, and wiring the building for lights. I don't know how he got along without lights before. Maybe he had it rigged up, and now wants to do it right. I DO know that he had the electric company out here to inspect his electrical handiwork on the BARn, so he can run wire over to the Freight Container Garage. That way, we don't get a THIRD electric bill, like we already get one for the house, and one for the BARn.

Anyhoo... The Pony is the brawn of the operation, not the brains. You don't want The Pony wiring up your electricity. Laws, NO! M-O-O-N! That spells "Don't give The Pony any wires or access to your electrical service entrance." He's good for figuring out cell phone operations, but not so good with utilities.

All I know is that when I'd try to reach Hick, I'd get a text from The Pony. "I am responding for Dad. His phone is currently acting as our light." Sounds like a safe operation, huh?

Of course The Pony found some treasures that he wanted. I regard it as payment, because I'm sure Hick could sell these things at his Storage Unit Store, and make a 50-cent profit. Actually, it would ALL be profit now, because he's paid back what the original 18 storage units cost him.

I noticed the first treasure on my dilapidated coffee table. The Pony kindly took it out to the porch to get a photo in natural light, although the day was overcast by the time he got around to it.


That's a huge chunk of obsidian! That's glassy rock, formed from fast-cooling lava. It has sharp edges, and you can chip off chunks to make arrowheads or axe blades or hatchets. I think this piece was probably a modern-day attempt to create such a tool. It's too big to be an arrowhead. There are no grooves to strap it on a stick. If it had been an actual hand-held cutting tool used by primitive people, there would not have been the sharp edges all around. So it looks like it was going to be attached to a stick or pole.

Anyhoo... that's a quarter laying there, to show the size. Also, the feet of a UNICORN!


That's a brass unicorn. Only the best of Hick's junk for The Pony! Believe me, there were more! I don't have pictures, but there's one other thing I'll show you tomorrow.

Good thing The Pony didn't drop either one on his bare toes!

10 comments:

  1. I really love the obsidian. Only a modern would make it sharp all around...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. A person using it to cut meat or scrape the gunk off animal skins would definitely leave a smooth grippy part for their palm.

      Delete
  2. I'd say those three objects combined would be worth at least 25 cents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! I want to shop at YOUR Storage Unit Store! Bargains to be had, with which I can pay off The Pony.

      Delete
  3. I love that chunk of obsidian. I had a piece once, along with many other crystals, but I've lost them now. I still have them, all in a bag, stashed where I can't remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll run across them when you're looking for something else! I had a small piece of obsidian, just a regular rock-like shape, not purposefully chipped into sharp edges. I don't know where mine is, either.

      Delete
    2. Mine has chipped edges and one smooth side, only about an inch long altogether.

      Delete
    3. I think mine was about an inch, in more of a cube shape, but irregular. A couple of smooth, scooped-out sides.

      Delete
  4. The boy has a good eye like his father. He may open his own business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He might HAVE TO open his own business, the way the job search is going!

      Delete