Hick had his first meeting in the office he built from dividing a storeroom, and furnished with all of HIS stuff from home. Here's a little reminder photo:
The assorted members of the board governing the senior apartments were in agreement that it's a nice office. Something that has been needed for a long time.
"This is much better than meeting in a hallway!"
"This is a great space. If somebody is interested in renting an apartment, you can bring them in here to sit down and discuss it, or do the paperwork."
"Or if somebody from an agency comes by, it's more businesslike to have a place to meet."
Hick said even the mayor (who is definitely no fan of Hick, and thwarts his efforts at every turn), said it was a nice office. "And she brung her grandbaby to the meeting! A toddler!" Because, you know, why would a city mayor show up to a scheduled monthly meeting alone, ready to devote full attention to a non-profit business that leases city property?
Anyhoo... Hick was quite pleased with himself for providing this space, decorated with his many treasures. I'm pretty sure he spent a little time explaining the decorations while waiting for all board members to arrive. I imagine he did a round of the room: "This is MY deer head that I got a good deal on. And these are MY scale models of NASCAR cars. Here are MY license plates that I've collected over the years."
Hick has always done that. Everything is HIS. He even used to describe our house that way. And our 10 acres and other 10 acres and pretty much everything we own jointly. It's not as if he built everything with his own hands, like the themed sheds on Shackytown Boulevard.

Hick is branching out? Looks great.
ReplyDeleteIt's his newest job that I didn't want him to take. I think he's been doing it for about a year and a half now. He earns just over $300/month for it, but does the work of somebody with a real job. He's in charge of a 16-unit apartment building for the elderly, run by a non-profit organization. He collects rent and does repairs and is the idol of all the old ladies!
Delete