I sit here at the keyboard on Friday night at 7:58, and am shocked that there has been NO PHONE CALL FROM HICK'S HAREM! He came home at 4:45. As he walked through the kitchen, I said:
"You know this is Friday. I wonder which of your Harem is going to call."
"I don't think they will. I went by there this afternoon and seen them all. I think they're good."
Well. Maybe that's a preventative step that should become part of Hick's weekend routine. And then I found out even more!
"Why did you go to the apartments today? You usually don't on Fridays."
"Because one of the guys called me and said he thought my office door was open."
"Wait a minute! Now the MEN are calling you, too???"
"Val. Most landlords would be happy that their renters like them enough to call them. I have four men and eleven women there now."
"It's just that EVERY FRIDAY, one of them needs you for something that's nothing. Was your door unlocked?"
"No. It was fine. Then a couple of them gals said they wanted to see my office. So I let them in and told them to have a seat. We spent about 15 minutes there."
"Oh, no! Now the others will be jealous!"
"I told them that you call them my Harem, and some of them said they was gonna get hats made that say 'Harem.'"
"Heh, heh! That would be hilarious."
Forget the mark on the calendar. Since there WAS a call from that guy about Hick's office door. It must have been more urgent than the assorted problems of Hick's Harem. Because the guy called at 10:30 in the morning. The time Hick is there for lunch on the other weekdays.
No comments:
Post a Comment