Thursday, August 27, 2026

Hickspeed

Hick enjoys being the center of attention. As if his Harem isn't enough, he is now seeking adoration input from MY PEOPLE. That's what he calls you. My vast readership. MY PEOPLE. Hick is not shy about me telling stories of his exploits. Like Charlene on Designing Women yearned for knowledge, Hick yearns for attention.

When I came home Monday afternoon, I saw SilverRedO parked in the BARn field by Hick's red trailer. The one that replaced the trailer wrecked by a buddy in an early snowstorm last year. By the time I got to the driveway, Hick had sent me a text:

"Your groups will like this tire blew out on trailer setting in field."

Allow me to translate that for you. Hick thinks MY PEOPLE will like seeing how a tire on his new trailer had a blowout while just sitting in the BARn field.


Of course I had to interrogate Hick later that evening for details. Because I know MY PEOPLE want the full story.

"So it was just sitting there? You haven't used it lately?"

"Nope. I just noticed it today."

"Didn't you just get new tires? It looks like there's still a lot of tread left."

"No, the new tires was on my trailer that my buddy wrecked. I'd just put four new ones on there, and they was ruined."

"So did this tire just get too hot, sitting there in the sun through the 100-degree temperatures?"

"Maybe. Tires can dry rot when they get older. I don't know how old these are."

Well. Hick is in no shape to be changing a tire these days. I suppose he should probably replace all four. You wouldn't want a blowout while hauling something on that trailer.

Anyhoo...this was on Monday afternoon/evening. On Tuesday morning at 6:00, Hick said:

"What did YOUR PEOPLE think of my tire?"

"It is 6:00 in the morning! And you just told me about your tire last night. I don't know how fast you think I work. I'm not some overnight breaking news service! I don't send out notices to MY PEOPLE immediately after you do something. I haven't even loaded the picture, or written a story."

"Oh. Well. You stay up late..."

So even though the tale of Hick's blowout wasn't planned for today, here it is. I wouldn't want to keep Hick waiting. He needs immediate feedback. Even though there's not really any advice you can give, or way to help him change that tire. Maybe he simply wants sympathy.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Hick from Ontario, Canada! All I can say is I am glad that he was not driving it anywhere when the tire blew, and I am glad he noticed it before using it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hick agrees. He said it would have blown the fender off the trailer if it happened while he was driving. Which would not bode well for whatever was being hauled on the trailer, and probably not for SilverRedO, either. Hick says he knows he can't drive that trailer anywhere until he gets ALL NEW TIRES on it.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Heh, heh! Hick liked that. He says he still doesn't know how it happened just sitting there in the field.

      Delete