Thursdays are when T-Hoe gets his weekly allotment of gas. I stop at the Casey's over in Sis-Town during my other errands there, like bank and post office. If The Pony is along for the ride, I can skip the pumping myself, and only have to go in and pre-pay. For the past couple months, we've been having a problem. I first thought it was just the pump I always use, #4. But after having the same thing happen at #3 and #5, we figured it must be T-Hoe himself that's causing the pump to stop every 3-5 seconds.
I told Hick about the issue. The Pony thinks it might be some kind of vent blocked, and that gas or fumes are splashing back and causing the pump to stop. Hick said that MIGHT be right, and he will have to check, but it's not easy, since he will have to take a couple things apart.
Hick also said that HE has the same problem with SilverRedO. What are the odds that this would happen to both our vehicles at the same time, and at separate Casey's? Hick said one of the pumps at the Backroads Casey's is worse than the other one he always uses.
The Pony did some investigating, and said it COULD be a problem with the pump handles. That if they are old, they sometimes shut off like this. A possible solution was to turn the pump handle sideways, or upside down. That didn't sound like a good idea to me, but The Pony said it might be worth a try. It was NOT!
The Pony was still pumping when I returned to T-Hoe on Thursday. Upon finally finishing, and climbing into the passenger seat, an apology was offered:
"I hope you don't mind the smell of gas on my foot."
"What? I didn't notice. Until NOW! The fumes just got to me."
"It won't be for long. We only have the grocery store left."
"I guess you tried the sideways handle?"
"Actually, I tried the upside down handle. Even though you said not to. And this was my reward. It spilled on my foot and shoe."
The shoe being open-toed Puma slides that I had given The Pony a while back. I made The Pony promise to wash that foot as soon as the groceries got carried in.
"I'll put away my freezer stuff, and leave the rest while I immediately go put this foot and shoe in the bathtub. I think I'll use hand soap, because it will probably foam up better than body wash."
We'll see if The Pony still stinks this week on Errand Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment