Hick came in Friday evening, grousing about how much dog food costs these days. It's not like our two mutts get the gourmet treatment. Just dry dog food, in a large bag, from Walmart. Pepper is still getting the puppy version, though he's 7 months old now. Maybe that's why he's twice the size of his four litter mates. I don't know why Hick is concerned with the price. You'd think the money was coming out of his own pocket, and not the household checking account.
I think Hick was voicing his displeasure with the dog food because he was really upset about something else, but wanted to act like THAT was not a big deal.
"I lost my pocketknife. I noticed it when I was leaving my buddy's shop (the weekly Friday afternoon bull-shooting session). I reached for my keys, but my knife was gone. I've got a hole in my pocket!"
"Oh. That's too bad."
"It was just a cheap knife. Not a good one."
As The Pony pointed out, upon hearing the news the next day, "Oh, no! It's the knife he always carries, and pulls out to cut off all sorts of things!"
Yes. That pocketknife was a part of Hick's life. I'm sure he will just select another one from his personal collection, or from his SUS2.5. He sells a lot of knives there.
The lost pocketknife will be easy to replace, yet it's something that can't really be replaced.
I think first he needs to sew up the hole in the pocket!
ReplyDeleteI have never seen Hick sew anything. He used to take (Goodwill) jeans to a lady for hemming, but I don't know his plan for these shorts. Probably one of his Harem would jump at the chance to fix his pocket!
DeleteYou know there is iron on tape that could fix that hole, but just realized he would have to use an iron and that would be a lot of trouble for a hole in the pocket. Safety pins? Fold the material over twice and pin it. That would survive the washing and drying, too.
ReplyDeleteThat would mean I'd have to find the iron, which I haven't seen in many years. For sure since I retired in 2016! IF I can find a safety pin, I will pass along this tip. Knowing Hick, it would come undone and jab him. But I will still recommend this fix!
Delete