Monday, August 24, 2026

White Lines Are Only a Suggestion

Call the parking police! I've got another perpetrator! You'd think people would be able to fit a car between two white lines. It's not rocket science. It's not brain surgery. It's not even PARALLEL parking. 


This was at 10Box last week. I couldn't choose another space, because this was the only open handicap space next to it. It's like those white lines are only a suggestion. If you want to make the excuse that a car on its left was over the line, then I say this car's driver should have known that the space wasn't big enough. Had there been another handicap space open, I would not have parked here. I had to squeeze T-Hoe's right-side tires over into a bit of the striped walkway. There was still plenty of room in that walkway. There's no ramp or anything here.

Anyhoo... that kid in the background was looking at me. Surely he could see my phone was angled down. I wasn't taking a picture of him smoking, heh, heh. Just evidence of this bad parker. Oh, and there was a LITTLE DOG inside that car!!! Temps were in the mid-80s. The windows were down partially. But that means somebody could have taken that little yippy dog, or it could have jumped out and been in traffic.

Seeing parkers like this make me think of the movie The Heat, with Melissa McCarthy and Sandra Bullock. When Melissa gets the last parking space, and it's so tight that she can't open her door enough to get out. So she slams it into the next car about10 times, then crawls out the window. It's SO satisfying, heh, heh. Of course I would never do that. I'm not limber enough...

2 comments:

  1. I love that movie! But I hate people who can't park correctly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favorite movies. It's the last one I saw in a theater with my mom. We laughed so hard we cried.

      Delete