Friday, May 10, 2024

I Hesitate to Call Hick a Winner

Just when Hick and his cronies were contemplating changing their bar bingo night back to Wednesdays, at another location, Hick had to go and win a PRICE! It's not $9000, like Hick revealed that a lady won a week or two ago. But still, it's something tangible that Hick won at bar bingo.

Hick carried it in on Tuesday night, all proud about his victory.


"I won a Mizzou bag."

"Huh. Looks like a purse to me."

"Yeah. To me, too."

"What will you do with it?"

"Probably sell it at my store."

It's not a bad "price." It's made of sweatshirt material. With the little pouch pocket that you find on sweatshirts. But I don't know how Hick would find this useful. So he might as well sell it to a fan who will treat it right.

Let the record show that Thevictorians are not big college sports fans. We DID love watching OU play football on TV when The Pony was at college, reveling in the success of Heisman Trophy winner, and future #1 draft pick Baker Mayfield. Hick and HOS (Hick's Oldest Son) went out to watch a game when The Pony was honored pre-game for being a National Merit Scholar. My mom loved watching Mizzou basketball, and even gave Baby Genius a Mizzou onesie to wear on game days!

Better to win something you can't use, than never to win at all!

8 comments:

  1. Wonder what he will charge for such a price. Since he does a low mark up for his merchandise. He could do a major mark up for the right person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't ask Hick's asking price for his price! It's brand new, with the tag. Those fan stores charge a lot for their stuff, I think. Must be because of licensing the college and pro team logos. Hick will probably look up the price, and then give a markdown.

      Delete
  2. Seems an odd looking item to me and probably only something a fan would wear/take to a game. I hope Hick gets a decent price for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Is it a purse? Is it a bag to carry sports gear? Something to smuggle your own drinks/snacks into a stadium? The sweatshirt motif with the pouch pocket is cute. The good thing with fans is... when they want it, they really want it!

      Delete
  3. Anything to sell is a win in my book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's like Hick can get something for nothing.

      Delete
  4. I used to be a big fan of Arizona State football when we lived in Phoenix decades ago but I've kind of lost track of them in subsequent years. I remember the day their long-time and revered coach Frank Kush was fired. I was washing my car and had a radio tuned to the game broadcast when the news came out. Unlike most fans, I never liked him so that made me happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be a huge fan of Rams football, until they left St. Louis for Los Angeles. I even liked old cryin' Dick Vermeil.

      Don't get me started on when you stole the football Cardinals from us! They were my first love. Quarterback Jim Hart even came to my house when I was in high school (the VALedictorian years). Granted, he was only asking directions. But still... I could have gone on David Letterman with that "Brush With Greatness."

      Delete