Saturday, June 10, 2023

The Blind Leading the COIN-Chaser

This week was a repeat of last week's Future Pennyillionaire quest. Only better. Still just one coin, but it was a doozy!

WEDNESDAY, June 7, I stepped into the Backroads Casey's and felt my eyes pop out like one of those Bug-Out Bob dolls.


No, not from the sight of those poorly-stocked snack racks, but from that QUARTER on the mat in front of me!!! My second quarter of 2023.


It was a face-down 2003 quarter, the Alabama version with Helen Keller on the back. Supposely Helen is one of the rarer state quarters, though I doubt that she's even worth a dollar. She will be chillin' in my penny goblet, not on the market for resale.
________________________________________________________________

That's 1 COIN this week, for 25 CENTS towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune!
______________________________________________________

2023 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny           still at 55
Dime             still at 9
Nickel           still at 1
Quarter        # 2

2022 FINAL TOTALS

Penny           124
Dime              21
Nickel              7
Quarter             9

2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter         6
_______________________________________________________ 

6 comments:

  1. Wow! What a find. I've never seen one of the quarters from Alabama with Helen Keller on the back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the first time I've seen Helen, too! I'm sure she won't mind that she doesn't have much of a view from the penny goblet.

      Delete
  2. You can't have Helen Keller chillin' in a penny goblet! You need a quarter goblet. She's special. As is every other quarter you might find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen will be fine. She won't know if she's rubbing shoulders with quarters or pennies. As honest as the Abes are, I don't think those Lincolns can communicate to Helen by signing into her hands.

      Side note: above Helen's name on the quarter, it's also written in Braille. Can't see it very well on my quarter, but there are pictures online.

      If I had a separate goblet for each denomination, I'd need my own themed shed to store them!

      Delete
  3. No auction for Helen! She will be safely tucked away with all the pennies, nickles, and dimes. One of the elite and lonely quarters waiting to see what you will do with them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen will probably be there until Genius or Pony have to make that decision, not realizing she might be worth almost a dollar!

      Delete