Wednesday, June 7, 2023

To Be a Fly on This Wall, You Must Be Properly Composed, and Suitably Framed

Genius has had an interest in photography since his early teens. He had several different cameras, and advice from the school newspaper's sponsor. He ordered his own chemicals, and used Hick's basement workshop to develop his film. Some people just "get it." I am not one of those people. Seems like whatever picture Genius takes, it turns out just right. 

A couple days ago, Genius said he'd been updating the photo wall in his apartment.


I assume Genius took these assorted landscapes on his many travels. Heh, heh! I forgot to ask if the box of tissues was there for anyone compelled to weep at the beauty of his art!

8 comments:

  1. Genius did a terrific job in capturing those photos. Did he frame them himself too? I have a water color painting that I purchased at some craft fair years ago and I remember how I really studied the paintings to get one that was perfect. Well, lo and behold, once I hung it at home I could see that the framing of the painting is a bit off and even me, with no artistic flair at all can see it:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure Genius framed the photos himself. He's very picky about his pictures. Imagine if you hadn't studied the paintings to get one that was perfect! It could have been worse.

      Delete
  2. He did a good job! He has a good eye for photography and placement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Genius is a lefty, with a right-brained eye for the arts. It comes out in his photography.

      Delete
  3. Echoing Kathy here. Most lefties are very artistic in some way or another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Genius has a photographer's eye (not literally, thank goodness!), and is good at decorating a classy apartment. At home, he painted some wide 45-degree-angle stripes on his bedroom walls that turned out well.

      Delete
  4. My son is also a lefty, his twin is right handed. Jeff loves music and plays several instruments. Self taught. But, Jill is equally talented in music, she just chooses to ignore it. She took piano and decided she no longer liked it and will tell people that I made her quit. I did not, I was sad when she refused more lessons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Genius had piano lessons at 4-5 years old. He can play, but isn't all that interested. He loved performing at recitals, but didn't want to continue lessons. He'd sweet-talk his old-lady instructor into letting him fix her computer!

      Delete