Thursday, June 1, 2023

Val Did NOT Cut Her Wrist

If you hear of Val's demise by slashed wrist, please keep in mind that I'm pretty sure Hick is trying to kill me, and that my hard-headedness will not allow me to assist him.

Wednesday evening, I prepared Hick's supper of a taco salad to eat with Scoops. I served it in Chinese Tupperware. Layers of hamburger with taco seasoning, refried beans, shredded cheddar, shredded cabbage (half the price of shredded lettuce!), salsa, diced onions, and sour cream.

Because Hicks eats supper earlier, I set aside the remainder of the can of refried beans to use later for my own meal. I rinsed the spoons for the salsa and sour cream, and laid them across the lid of Hick's Chinese Tupperware, along with the lid I had can-opened from the refried beans.

Little did I know that Hick wouldn't eat the whole thing in one night. He came back to the kitchen later to get the lid and put his leftovers in FRIG II for the next night.

"There's your container lid beside the sink. You'll have to take the stuff off of it."

Well. That sneaky Hick turned murderous right before my eyes! Not even trying to hide it now! He took the jagged-edged metal lid I had removed from the can of refried beans, and DROPPED IT IN THE WASTBASKET!

"Hey! What are you doing?"

"Throwing away the lid. There's no reason for you to be saving that!"

"I'm not SAVING IT, you doofus! I'm waiting until the can is empty so I can put it in there and NOT CUT OFF MY HAND if I have to reach in the trash! Even if it doesn't kill me, it will cut its way through the trash bag when it gets carried up to the dumpster."

"Fine!" Hick rummaged around and took out the jagged lid.

"I don't know how you've managed to live this long."

Hick was probably thinking the same thing about me...

10 comments:

  1. Ouch! and I apologize for writing a comment on, not only the wrong post, but so frigging long. Jeez! I do ramble and it's not my blog, much less the right one. So sorry. Ranee (MN)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a problem. Some readers also check out my supersecret blog, and will get it. Also, I don't charge anyone by the word!

      Delete
  2. I might be on Hick's side on this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you are! It's Guy Code. And the fact that neither of you will ever be rummaging in the trash for an occasional lost item, but mainly never rearranging the flat paper plates and crossways soda bottles and cardboard cereal or cracker boxes that could be flattened and slid down the side, choosing instead to pile items over the top and treat your women to an impromptu game of reverse Jenga when they need to throw something away.

      Surely you don't want Mrs. C to suffer an avoidable accident that could result in a new nickname of "Nub." If she leaves a sharp-edged can lid on the counter, it's NOT because she's wanting to save them in her storage unit.

      Delete
  3. I KNOW! How difficukt is it to take the broken glass to the outdoor trash can right outside the door ont he patio? No regard for my possible wrist slit either. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably about as difficult as it is to set the sour cream back into the refrigerator after making a burrito, to prevent future food poisoning. Although that leads to a less gory death.

      Delete
  4. This is why I straight away empty what's left in a can into a tupperware container, so I can rinse the can and drop the lid into it. No slashed fingers or wrists here. You'll have to develop a new habit of inspecting the bin before dropping things in or rummaging in there to find something that shouldn't have been in there in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. It's like cans are a perfect disposal unit for their lid! My main reason for digging in the trash is to redistribute the items Hick tosses in there all willy-nilly, taking up three times the room that is actually needed. Which leads to more trash bags used, and more trips to the dumpster at the end of the driveway, and more space taken up in a landfill.

      Delete
  5. @Rae; ramble away, I like a good read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If it makes sense, they will find a way to ruin it.

    ReplyDelete