Friday, June 16, 2023

Fortune Smiles Again on The Hickster

More free stuff for Hick! It must have been burning a hole in The Universe's pocket, just waiting to be bestowed upon Hick. 

The Senior Center has bingo. I don't think it's every day, but more than once a week. Hick can't always make it on time. He barely gets there for lunch some days. But on Wednesday, he made it. Sent me a text at 10:57.

"Just won all this in bingo"


"Wow, your butt will be clean, but my life might be in danger!"

In case you can't see those prizes, Hick won 2 rolls of toilet paper, a set of copper knives, and what appears to be a re-gifted candy dish. I swear, Hick was happier than a puppy with two pe-----, I mean happier than the Dad in A Christmas Story when he received his "special award." Anything he gets free is a major thrill for Hick.

"I usually don't get there in time to play, but today I walked in for the last round."

"Was everybody else mad that you waltzed right in and won?"

"Not really."

Yeah. They probably already had enough toilet paper and candy dishes, and they live upstairs and don't need knives for cooking.

Hick is excited about Friday's bingo, though he might not make it because of selling at his SUS2 (Storage Unit Store 2).

"They're supposed to have some really good prizes. For Father's Day."

It's not all that hard to top toilet paper...

4 comments:

  1. Maybe he should save the TP in case we have another pandemic! Will he gift the knives to you, or sell them? My mother-in-law was fond of candy dishes and always had several filled with questionable candy. The grandchildren used to make a game of guessing how old the candy was. They didn't actually eat the candy .....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure he will keep the TP in SilverRedO, for those times when he's at his SUS2 and feeling INDISPOSED! Since he said people have been stealing the TP out of the port-a-potties.

      I have not seen the knives. The BEST I can hope for is that he's selling them, and NOT planning my demise!

      My grandma used to keep a dish of that Christmas hard candy with the little shapes in the middle. Every now and then we would try a piece.

      Delete
  2. What is it about some people that the Universe sees fit to bestow this largesse upon them, ALL the time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. I attract weirdos, Hick attracts FREE STUFF!

      Delete