Saturday, June 2, 2018

Everyone Knows It's PENNY!

Val's week was off to a good start on MONDAY, May 28th, with an abandoned penny winking at her from across Orb K. She put a check in the penny-finding column of her blog week, pressure off for Saturday's post. Once she started preparing this piece, a song kept running through her head.

Who's peekin' out from under a stairway
Calling a name that's lighter than air
Who's bending down to give me a rainbow...

Oh, wait. Everyone knows that's WINDY!


Who's peekin' out from under a cooler?
Calling Val's name before she leaves there?
Bending her over like an ample-rumpused rainbow?
Everyone knows it's PENNY!


This 1989 version was face down for sure, although even a tight zoom-in makes that fact hard to distinguish. As the one who bent over beside a line of onlookers to retrieve it, I can vouch for that penny's tail.
_______________________________________________________________________

Back at my old hangout again on WEDNESDAY. May 30th, I didn't even make it in the door before my rightful penny called to me.


Who's lying low at thresholds of convenience?
Tails up at Val whene'er they meet?
Luring Val in to capture a moment?
Everyone knows it's PENNY!


Face down again for this 1988. I was fortunate to nab it without having that door slam into my head.

As you can see, the clerks of Orb K are not overly conscientious when it comes to policing the grounds for trash...Nor at re-stocking their display of clever-sayinged insulated cups (remember: "Shut Up Liver, You're Fine"). They've got your 5-Hour Energy needs covered, though!

That's my two cents for this week!

_________________________________________________________________________

For 2018: Pennies # 44, 45.
For 2018: Dimes still at  # 8.
For 2018: Nickels still at # 2.

Since 2017 (the beginning), this was Penny # 122, 123.
Since 2017 (the beginning), this was still Dime # 14.
Since 2017 (the beginning), this was still Nickel # 2.
_____________________________________________________________________

6 comments:

  1. I would have had to put on a disposable glove before picking up that second penny. I like your version of the song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't carry those gloves with me, and I was NOT going to miss out on a penny!

      I like to plagiarize songs! Most of the work has already been done for me!

      Delete
  2. Good grief. All those shelves were full of energy drinks?

    If so, I want to know: Don't you country folk ever sleep? Why do you folks need that many energy drinks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ne'er-do-wells never sleep!

      To be fair, Orb K is at the highway off ramp. So maybe travelers need to stay alert. It's not even like they can pretend it's a truck stop. I never see a truck there, except for the one that delivers the gas to the 20-or-more pumps. The turn is too sharp for trucks to make it a regular stop. I'm sure they advise each other against it.

      Delete
  3. Pennyillionaire status coming soon!!

    ReplyDelete