Saturday, May 19, 2018

Saved By the Mail, From Another Centsless Shutout

I was afraid I'd have to run a Hick story today (don't worry, I have plenty) due to a drought in pennies falling from heaven this week. However, at the last moment, I was SAVED by the mail.


Pardon my Paint skills. Seems I can draw a lacy bra on a nude portrait, but I can't fill an outline with the paint bucket. Even after TWO YouTube tutorials!

You might notice that even though The Universe dropped this sweet mailbox penny on Val, it gave a snide little laugh when making sure that penny was FACE DOWN!


The envelope might look a bit warped, but it's nothing compared to the Mother's Day card I received from The Pony.


No, I did not take a semester of private tutoring in Paint. I used the MARKER instead of the PAINT BUCKET, and painstakingly colored it in. Because I'm selfless like that, wanting to brighten up your reading experience with pictures.

Anyhoo...it looks like either The Pony carried this around for a while to age it like fine cheese, or the post offices of Norman OK and Backroads MO were in cahoots to destroy Val's paper love before she could get it. This Mother's Day card arrived on Thursday. Let the record show that The Pony had warned me it would be late, even though he told a harping Hick that he was mailing it the Tuesday BEFORE Mother's Day.

I might have gotten it a little sooner, had my incompetent mailman lady put it in the actual mailbox to which it was addressed. Hick got a text from our across-the-road neighbor, the human mom of the killer poodle and crazy Rottweiler, that she'd gotten our mail in her box, and she would be putting it in ours the next day.

Don't that just beat all? The ONE DAY that I am late snooping through her mailbox to see if something of mine has been put in there...is the day it's been put in there, but she picks up her mail before me! Dang! It's like I just patched a crack in my concrete steps, and then a guy goes walking by with a wheelbarrow of concrete...

Oh, and she also had the DISH bill that I'd been anticipating for days. Meaning that I finally got it on the 17th, with it being due by the 25th. In case you haven't been picking up what I've been laying down, mail travels in and out of Backroads at a pace slower than a lame Pony Express nag catching a ride on the back of a turtle.

Oops! Let's not forget the Future Pennyillionaire Fortune update:

_________________________________________________________________________

For 2018: Penny # 39.
For 2018: Dimes still at  # 8.
For 2018: Nickels still at # 2.

Since 2017 (the beginning), this was Penny # 117.
Since 2017 (the beginning), this was still Dime # 14.
Since 2017 (the beginning), this was still Nickel # 2.
_____________________________________________________________________

4 comments:

  1. Damn, now you don't even have to leave your Ponderosa for pennies, they just mail them to you, if only some guy would bring a wheelbarrow full of them to you, you could retire...oh yeah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that wheelbarrow idea. I'd better not be disqualified because I'm already retired!

      Delete
  2. I think your mail lady needs to be more vigilant.
    Pennies in the mail now eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! You never know how many pennies I might have had delivered to other neighbors.

      Delete