Saturday, May 5, 2018

He Didn't Give ConCENT

Only one single solitary penny found this week, but I'LL TAKE IT, by cracky! Let's keep this penny train chugging on down the track toward Future Pennyillionaire Town!

I was saved by Orb K on THURSDAY, May 3rd. Almost didn't see it, there under the ice cream cooler while waiting in line to buy scratchers. I guess it's a good thing I taunt myself by looking at ice cream I'm not going to buy. And a better thing that I only look at the OUTSIDE of the cooler, not inside. Or I might have missed this penny that was rightfully meant for me.


No fair, zooming in for a closer look at the guy's buttocks! He didn't give me permission to take a picture of his nether regions. It was just a happy accident, I guess, while trying to capture that penny. Yes, I DID wait until he'd paid and left before I bent over to pick it up.


This was a 1995 penny, discovered FACE UP! So unusual for my finds. Perhaps a change is in the offing. Heh, heh! Get it? A CHANGE, and I'm talking about coins! Oh, my sides!

I actually think there might have been another penny, down by the plexiglass board of scratcher tickets. However...I didn't have my glasses on, and if that was a penny, it was really, really dirty, and kind of blending in with the floor, no head or tail evident. To save myself embarrassment, I did not bend over to try and pick it up, just in case it was a dried drop of soda on the tile. I also saved those people in line behind me a view of my ample buttocks that they might have missed when I picked up the first penny.

Besides, I didn't want someone taking a picture of ME taking a picture of a possible penny. I figure they might have been alerted when I took the first picture, and had their phones ready. They might have even made a video! Val does not want to go viral.

_________________________________________________________________________

For 2018: Penny # 38.
For 2018: Dimes still at  # 8.
For 2018: Nickels still at # 2.

Since 2017 (the beginning), this was Penny # 116.
Since 2017 (the beginning), this was still Dime # 14.
Since 2017 (the beginning), this was still Nickel # 2.
_____________________________________________________________________

8 comments:

  1. Way to go, Val!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you! I'll be here all year...tallying pennies.

      Delete
  2. In about 800 years you'll have enough for a nice bicycle. If they have still those then. Most folks wouldn't do as well as you even with a metal detector. Good exercise for the eyes, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In 800 years, pennies might be melted down to make bicycles! Or maybe they'll be rare, and one penny will be worth a fortune for the small amount of copper it contains.

      I enjoy keeping this record of penny finds for myself. Even sweeter is the thought that it might annoy the antipennyites!

      Delete
  3. I am going to say the odds of finding a penny face up is about 50/50, but then math was never my thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? For the longest time, my pennies were found face down. I'd say about 9 out of 10. I KNEW that couldn't continue. So now maybe I'll find a bevy of face-ups for a while.

      Some people won't pick up a face-down penny, because they think it's bad luck. Then again...some people WON'T PICK UP A PENNY.

      Delete
  4. Ample buttocks? Surely not. With all the climbing in and out of T-Hoe and A-Cad, up and down the basement lair stairs, not to mention all the bending and straightening up that comes with picking up pennies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's just say that I would not need a cushion to be comfortable sitting in a stadium for several hours.

      Don't forget pulling the trash dumpster up and down the driveway. Maybe I can start my own monetized workout video on YouTube!

      Delete