Hick talked to the carpenter guy about working on Lap House. He's supposed to stop by on Monday to look at the house, and hear what Hick wants done. Hick says the guy will give him an estimate.
"Wait! We can't just be hiring all the work done on our flips. That can run into major money. The Pony can't be paying big chunks at a time. There's already been the roof and the HVAC. Plus the roof on Cheap House. It won't hurt us as much short-time, but The Pony is better off paying the hourly work from Old Buddy and HOS."
"I'm going to ask what he'll charge to frame out the bedrooms and closets."
"Who pays for the materials? Because if that's part of his estimate, he'll be like a contractor. We'll have to get that disclosure form from him for when we sell it."
"I'll be buying the materials, Val. This guy will just use them to do the work. That way, we can show that the materials have been paid for, so there's no chance of somebody getting a lien on the property."
"Well. I guess if that's what you have to do..."
"I just cain't depend on Old Buddy and HOS no more. We've got to get these houses done."
"You're telling ME! You just need to spend more time on them than on your side jobs. I saw a house the same size as Cheap House, for $60,000, and it was only listed for 8 DAYS before it had a contract on it. People are buying. Sure, this one had all its walls. But it was a hoarder house, from the pictures. It needed a cleanout, and all the walls and floors re-done. Plus it didn't have a new roof!"
"Well, we'll see if this guy is reasonable. And I have to check with my rich guy about the cabinets. I think this is the week he said he was remodeling."
Let's hope Hick is fired up to finish these two projects...
No comments:
Post a Comment